MDI unit - SOLD

adamal

I'm soon starting to return my pre FL Octavia Mk2 to standard to trade it in and I'll be removing the factory MDI unit that I installed.  If anyone has any interest in it, let me know and I'll do it sooner rather than later.

The MDI unit is numbered 5N0 035 342 E and will comes with the fly lead (1Z0 971 199) to fit the input plug into the glovebox, along with a trim piece (4F0 035 909) to hold the input socket in place.  I will also include the quadlock loom that allows you to simply slot it in behind the headunit, providing all the wiring you need without having to splice etc.  There is also a bracket to secure the MDI unit to the area behind the glovebox, and I think I also have the lead that allows you to connect a USB stick with your music on it.

There is loads of help on how to fit this on the forum (search "mdi retrofit", e.g. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/169642-mdi-retrofit-howto/I want £80 posted for the lot, which is a lot less than I paid, £5 off if you are a Freedom member.

If you are interested, please respond to the thread or PM me, and I'll look into removing the items sooner rather than later.  Of course if anything gets damaged as a result of removal, I'll tell you before proceeding with any deal.

At some point in the future, but not yet, I'll be removing the BT module.   The module itself is already spoken for, but I also have one of the AutoPolar BT boxes (https://www.autopolar.net/producto/polarbt-bluetooth-pb01/- see second item) which allows the newer premium BT modules (e.g. 3C8 035 730 D) to work in the pre FL Octavia maxidot (essential for pairing).  If anyone wants to put a marker down for this, please let me know.

Thanks

Adam

Edited by adamal
All items sold

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it should yes. I never used an ipod but it worked fine with a memory stick or an iphone. You may need an extra lead suitable for the ipod from tne unit itself.

The lead i have is like the pic below.download.jpeg.04123a95d3c834c0a0d4417105641df3.jpeg

Cheers

Adam

Edited by adamal

Here are some pictures with the unit working with my Columbus DAB unit and a memory stick. You can see the MDI unit is selected and the track controls.

Cheers

Adam

20181102_164534.jpg

20181102_164555.jpg

20181102_164539.jpg