Best Daytime Running Light bulbs for Citigo?

Toby7243

Looking to upgrade my DRLs to a more white light but not sure of which bulbs to go for... 

I'm thinking of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F82GZQG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 but I'm not sure if they're road legal... (anybody know if these are road legal?)

Any suggestions?

Hi Ive just replaced Tash’s headlight bulbs with Osram nightbreaker extreme h4 and they’ve made quite a difference and I’m going to get this week Osram w21/5w cool white Led w3x16q for the Drl’s Their quite expensive £32 for two but they will look much better as the standard drl bulbs are yellow, cheers Paul n Tash 

I fitted Osram 7915CW 02B LED lamps last year. I think they're the same as the ones that were discussed on here some time ago. Expensive - a lot more so now than when I bought mine - but they give a very bright light (enough to manoeuvre around our driveway at night without having headlights on!) and have been reliable, touch wood. The light they give out makes my Nightbreaker extremes look yellowy. No problems at MOT time.

As DRLs, all four LEDs on each lamp illuminate. When you switch to side lights, only two opposing LEDs come on, so they are half as bright, which seems a bit weird. There's no other cleverness in them - they don't dim when you indicate, for example.

• 3 weeks later...

In the end I went for the LED bulbs from Amazon (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07F82GZQG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and all I can say is "Wow!". They're super bright, look great and cause no errors (didn't even need to fit any resistors). Can't recommend them enough!

Yesterday I fitted a set of Osram 7915CW-02B LED Premium DRL's to my daughter's new SEAT Mii. Light is brighter (but not too bright) and they look far nicer than the stock very-yellow DRL's. I also fitted a set of Night Breaker Laser H4's at the same time. The OEM headlights were actually okay (reasonably bright and not too yellow), but the Night Breakers are noticeably brighter and whiter.

Links for anyone considering the change.

Osram 7915CW LED's

Night Breaker Laser H4's

Edited by Orville

• 3 weeks later...

I fitted some led from hid direct in my dads 2 years ago super bright and still going strong 

fitting led headlight bulbs tomorrow then nipping to the garage to set the beam up correctly it has shields already but best to sure 

• 1 month later...
On 24/11/2018 at 13:42, malcster said:

I fitted some led from hid direct in my dads 2 years ago super bright and still going strong 

fitting led headlight bulbs tomorrow then nipping to the garage to set the beam up correctly it has shields already but best to sure 

Are they E Marked? I'd be interested in LED headlight bulbs but don't want unwanted attention or MOT failures........

4 minutes ago, Toby7243 said:

Are they E Marked? I'd be interested in LED headlight bulbs but don't want unwanted attention or MOT failures........

Nope 

Novsight ones beam pattern is perfect with no glares prior to me putting it in the beam setter so no adjustments required

Light output is sensational 

Only gripe is interference on FM but he doesn't listen to that normally 

On 26/12/2018 at 18:55, malcster said:

Nope 

Novsight ones beam pattern is perfect with no glares prior to me putting it in the beam setter so no adjustments required

Light output is sensational 

Only gripe is interference on FM but he doesn't listen to that normally 

Hi that is very interesting as I’ve noticed the radio reception is now appalling in Tash’s Citigo whereas it never used to be, I think I’m going to swap back to the old bulbs and see if it’s still like it, cheers Paul Tash n Barney