2006 Elegance, is radio coded?

I am asking the question for if ever I have to remove the battery, my MK1 used to ask me for a radio code which I didn have but after a minute or so would work out that the same radio was still there and it would spark up.

The one I have in the new(er) MK2 is the standard in dash one with a 6 CD changer in the boot side pocket (its an estate), no sign of a radio code in the service book.

I do have a funny white plastic thing that came with the spare key, inside it has a white on black label with an 8 digit numeric code, one black on white label with what looks like a long part number with a 4 digit numeric code underneath plus another one with 62 and 04621 written on it, the two white ones are invisible when the plastic clip is closed (writing facing each other on inside) the black one can be read through the plastic.

Is it for the radio or something else?

Also what else is affected by battery removal?

Thankyou.

Another question, what is the standard radio/CD/multi-changer set up called for future reference?

Also the 6 CD changer sits in a big bracket with 2 vacant slots, are they for adding additional changers up to 12 or 18 capacity or something else? The bracket and the empty slots take up a lot of room and I wanted to remove it to gain space leaving it like the MK1 but it defeated me, I could see/feel some fixings but something else was holding it, anyone else removed it? Is it a bad idea?

I can't help you too much, but it sounds like you have the same headunit/changer combination as me, in which case it's a 'Stream'. 

I also wondered about the vacant slots in the boot area, but with the Aux input, 6 CDs in the boot and an additional CD in the headunit, I figured I've got enough music! 

Edited by KarlTDiCombi
Autocorrect fail!

Yes I had seen "Stream" written often, I have yet to stumble across an auxiliary unit, not that I would have anything to connect but where is it though?

I bet the first time a teenager gets in the car they will immediately be searching for it :biggrin:

When I was young a comedian I saw had a very un PC tee shirt which would cause a lynching these days, it said "I HAVE SOME SWEETIES IN MY CAR" !!!!

Nowadays it would be "I have an auxiliary socket and wi-fi" :D

Thanks GAV!

Anyone recognise the plastic sleeve thing I have with code labels inside it and know what they are or are for?