Finally the clutch has worn out

Nackuk

Well the old girl it's running fine apart from that clutch it's now slipping. So it got to 164,000 miles and 15 had off she before giving up the ghost. Booked into A1 clutches Cannock to have some Mechanical surgery done. Painful for the wallet but hopefully she'll recover with a new lease out life.

2018-10-09_11-10-50.jpg

You can't complain about 160.000 miles, especially if you regularly park on drives like that!

At just over 140K miles the expensive things I'm waiting for are front suspension control arms, clutch and DMF.  I'll do the suspension myself, but might feel it's easiest to pay someone for the clutch and DMF.

Do let us know how satisfied you are with A1 clutches.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tdi1.9 said:

At just over 140K miles the expensive things I'm waiting for are front suspension control arms, clutch and DMF.  I'll do the suspension myself, but might feel it's easiest to pay someone for the clutch and DMF.

Trust me, on those I would rather do the clutch and flywheel than the front suspension.

That top pinch bolt is a pig and i'm pretty sure I had to lower the subframe to get one of the bolts out on the rear lower arm assuming its the same as a Passat B5 set-up. I still have nightmares about it now.

Edited by SuperbTWM

Hi TWM,

The top pinch bolts are not a problem for me now.  One of the many things I did when I first got the car six years ago was to fight with those bolts to free them off and grease them properly.  Every now and then I remove them to add grease.

Of course I also had to seal the door panels, pollen filter, ecu, solder the crimped wiring connectors under the carpet and all the other remedies that are necessary with these cars.

It's the weight of the gearbox that worries me.

Well I got the car back. She is driving like a new car, easy light clutch pedal, car less rattly and feels smoother. Got the car there for 8:30 and i just turned up at 5:05pm to see them take it out for a test drive. £610 quid all in including vat. Hopefully we will see many more miles wit her :) Happy with A1 Clutches Cannock service.