Tailgate wiper not working Octavia saloon -07

Hey! 

I'm trying to find a written guide or video on a teardown of the trunk interior, and also how to disassemble the wiper motor. I tried searching but I haven't found much. I'm asking if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Also I've read that these tend to break quite often. Reasons being wiper fluid dripping inside and onto the motor. 

Thanks from a Swedish DIYer :)

To get to the wiper motor there is just 1 screw through the pull handle and then the rest of the panel is held on with panel clips.

Take off the wiper cover and washer jet nozzle then undo the bolt and take the wiper off.

Disconnect the wiring loom and the washer pipe and the motor should come off once you undo the 3 nuts.

The hardest part I found was getting the trim back on afterwards as I couldn't find an easy way to line it back up. I've had the panel off 4 times in the last month.

I thought I would be able to repair the motor and to an extent I did. The main part of motor is a sealed part and therefore manage to get most of the gunk out, but not enough to get the wiper working at full speed. I replaced it a few week later as it was a little slow and despite taking the unit apart I couldn't get a decent seal on the washer part and so I would have been back to square 1 family soon.

It's a really bad design where the washer passes through the motor. When the seal fails the washer fluid escapes into the motor causing it to short. It then in turn causes the intervals to rust up and mixes with the grease which hub is up the whole internals.

1 hour ago, Munfred said:

To get to the wiper motor there is just 1 screw through the pull handle and then the rest of the panel is held on with panel clips.

Take off the wiper cover and washer jet nozzle then undo the bolt and take the wiper off.

Disconnect the wiring loom and the washer pipe and the motor should come off once you undo the 3 nuts.

The hardest part I found was getting the trim back on afterwards as I couldn't find an easy way to line it back up. I've had the panel off 4 times in the last month.

I thought I would be able to repair the motor and to an extent I did. The main part of motor is a sealed part and therefore manage to get most of the gunk out, but not enough to get the wiper working at full speed. I replaced it a few week later as it was a little slow and despite taking the unit apart I couldn't get a decent seal on the washer part and so I would have been back to square 1 family soon.

It's a really bad design where the washer passes through the motor. When the seal fails the washer fluid escapes into the motor causing it to short. It then in turn causes the intervals to rust up and mixes with the grease which hub is up the whole internals.

Okay, maybe I'll just plug the washing fluid. It doesn't seem to get so dirty when driving. And when it is dirty it's pretty wet anyways :D. Thanks for the superb description!

13 hours ago, andreasw said:

Okay, maybe I'll just plug the washing fluid. It doesn't seem to get so dirty when driving. And when it is dirty it's pretty wet anyways :D. Thanks for the superb description!

I got the motor off, but the mechanism isn't seized. I had some fluid in there as well :wondering:

Can I use a multimeter and check if there's any power coming to the motor? Or can I run at outside the car at 12v to see if it works?