Škoda Karoq Scout

Croat

If any one is interested here is new the Scout. Wasn't able to make a decent video in Paris as there were to many people.

But hey at least you don't have to drool at pictures only anymore.

Thoughts?

Edited by Croat

Actually what you saw is not what you'll get...

1. Riding height is the same (it is exactly the same car after all)

2. The Virtual Cockpit is an option and not standard.

3. No VarioFlex back seats (at least I'm not seeing it as an option, most probably due to the different color scheme of the Scout's seats)

4. the towbar is an option.

Also... Seriously... 19" wheels on a "designed for Off-road SUV"....?!? 

So basically, the Scout is a Style with different front and back bumper, bad roads protection, and some fancy badges...

On 15/10/2018 at 17:40, OrionBG said:

Actually what you saw is not what you'll get...

1. Riding height is the same (it is exactly the same car after all)

2. The Virtual Cockpit is an option and not standard.

3. No VarioFlex back seats (at least I'm not seeing it as an option, most probably due to the different color scheme of the Scout's seats)

4. the towbar is an option.

Also... Seriously... 19" wheels on a "designed for Off-road SUV"....?!? 

So basically, the Scout is a Style with different front and back bumper, bad roads protection, and some fancy badges...

The majority will never go off road

On 17/10/2018 at 00:46, Tim1631 said:

The majority will never go off road

That may be true but still... If you are designing something that is supposedly going to be offroading, you should design it properly.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have a UK spec Karoq Scout?

If so could you please let me know:

1. The black couloured centre sections of the seats, is it just cloth, or microsuede (Alcantara look-alike)?;

2. Do the doors have a wood-effect trim insert running back from the handles, or is the insert a dark brushed or similar effect?;

3. Do you notice if the rear wheel drive and suspension set up generate more cabin noise than the standard car?.

Regarding the first two, I have asked Skoda UK who have found it necessary to refer my questions to the factory for an answer:thinking:

The official Skoda photos, and text, in the press release don't mention what material the seats come in, although the detailed spec on the UK web site says microsuede inserts.  Strangely, I don't trust Skoda UK's descriptions as always being 100% accurate!  Wood effect on the doors is shown on the official photos, but the you tube walk-around videos from the Paris show appear to show dark brushed effect (but that may be standard European spec).

For the record I have received a reply from Skoda UK regarding the material of the Scout seats.  They are fabric, not microsuede.  Yet the Skoda UK web page https://www.skoda.co.uk/new-cars/karoq/karoq-scout clearly states "Microsuede upholstery".

A misdescription like this in nothing new with Skoda UK but such errors reflect badly on the company and would not occur if more attention was paid to their advertising material when in draft form.

Microsuede is a fabric. Its not suede but is a polyester "man made" suede. 

Saw this on Google:  "Microsuede is a type of microfiber. It is a manmade polyester fabric comprised of millions of microfibers. Microsuede has the same feel as genuine suede leather but none of the drawbacks."

Why Skoda couldn't just be clear and call it "manmade suede" is anyones guess. Hell, it even rhymes!  

I was aware that microsuede was not real suede.  It is a material which is considered to be of  higher quality/performance than traditional fabric materials.  Skoda had previously used Alcantara in the Karoq but I believe they had supply problems, and so presumably have switched to a generic product rather than a brand name product.  I have no problem with that.

The Karoq Scout does not incorporate microsuede so it should not be mentioned by Skoda in the model's specification.  By doing so Skoda are misdecribing their product and misleading customers..