Live remap for 1.2 TSI

Speak to Rick at

https://www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

He remapped my 1.2tsi to 122hp then fitting full stainless exhaust with sport cat the remap yield is 142hp. He does a lot of remapping car for racing.

I understand as standard the 1.2tsi max is 150hp and a hybrid turbo is in the region of 180 190hp

Try these

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/5025/jbs-12-tsi-hybrid-turbo-kit-early

https://www.aet-turbos-shop.com

Ken

Edited by Kenrw8

4 hours ago, AMD87 said:

Curious to know what turbo you’re going through with the engine being charge cooled it’s going to be pretty expensive! 

To be honest it could go one of two ways at the minute, either I can send my turbo to Turbo Dynamics and then get the car live mapped by AmD, or JBS Autodesigns are working on a hybrid turbo as well as an uprated charge cooler system. Both are also going to require a full turbo back exhaust of larger bore and uprated MAP sensors.

Price is probably going to range from £1500 - 2500 depending on what I can do myself, should push around 200 bhp too!

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kenrw8 said:

Speak to Rick at

https://www.unicornmotordevelopments.com

He remapped my 1.2tsi to 122hp then fitting full stainless exhaust with sport cat the remap yield is 142hp. He does a lot of remapping car for racing.

I understand as standard the 1.2tsi max is 150hp and a hybrid turbo is in the region of 180 190hp

Try these

http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/product/5025/jbs-12-tsi-hybrid-turbo-kit-early

https://www.aet-turbos-shop.com

Ken

Thanks for that! The JBS hybrid turbo is looking most likely at the minute, just have to wait for them to develop it for the later 1.2 TSI engines.. 

In regard to the torque steer on the Mk3 Fabia it’s fitted with a similar electronic LSD to what’s fitted on a golf GTI so shouldn’t face any problems with it, well hopefully anyway!

42 minutes ago, Adam1200 said:

Thanks for that! The JBS hybrid turbo is looking most likely at the minute, just have to wait for them to develop it for the later 1.2 TSI engines.. 

In regard to the torque steer on the Mk3 Fabia it’s fitted with a similar electronic LSD to what’s fitted on a golf GTI so shouldn’t face any problems with it, well hopefully anyway!

Wrong... No electronic LSD as golf GTI...
The XDS of the fabia is only the ABS module with SW that can lock up a wheel (with applied brake to a specific wheel) if it detects free spin. The system is effective in wet cornering conditions and in snow, but is still slow to react compared to a real LSD or the golf GTI type with a haldex of type diff in front end. For high power output, this system is not sufficient enough imho. The fabia system is more safety orientated than performance.

• Like 1

XDS (even XDS+ on a Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192ps) on Mk3 Fabia as with on Mk2 Fabia is something you might want Off or as weak as you can have it and TC off as well for sporting / spirited driving or Motorsport / Track Days.

It disables it's self anyway when it overheats as it will do quite easily even with better brake fluid,hoses,  calipers, discs and pads.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/227295-who-needs-a-lsd

The member that posted the OP had a Mk2 Fabia vRS at Stage 2+. 220+ps, Hybrid Turbo etc.

Edited by Offski

49 minutes ago, Offski said:

XDS (even XDS+ on a Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192ps) on Mk3 Fabia as with on Mk2 Fabia is something you might want Off or as weak as you can have it and TC off as well for sporting / spirited driving or Motorsport / Track Days.

It disables it's self anyway when it overheats as it will do quite easily even with better brake fluid,hoses,  calipers, discs and pads.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/227295-who-needs-a-lsd

The member that posted the OP had a Mk2 Fabia vRS at Stage 2+. 220+ps, Hybrid Turbo etc.

1 hour ago, krigl said:

Wrong... No electronic LSD as golf GTI...
The XDS of the fabia is only the ABS module with SW that can lock up a wheel (with applied brake to a specific wheel) if it detects free spin. The system is effective in wet cornering conditions and in snow, but is still slow to react compared to a real LSD or the golf GTI type with a haldex of type diff in front end. For high power output, this system is not sufficient enough imho. The fabia system is more safety orientated than performance.

Oh I see I see, thanks for clearing that up, in regards to an LSD what ones are best? Also is the 6 speed manual box in a 1.2 TSI the same as a mk2 Fabia vrs/polo gti?

• Like 1

There was no Manual gearboxes in Euro 5 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kW Mk2 Fabia vRS, Polo GTI, Ibiza Cupra or A1 185ps Twinchargers.  just DQ200 DSG's.

Manual boxes in the 2015 VW Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192ps 320Nm and nothing like the same as a Mk3 Fabia 1.2 TSI.

The DSG one was limited to 250Nm but oddly is quicker....

Best do more research i think.

Edited by Offski

4 minutes ago, Offski said:

There was no Manual gearboxes in Euro 5 1.4 TSI / TFSI 132-136kW Mk2 Fabia vRS, Polo GTI, Ibiza Cupra or A1 185ps Twinchargers.  just DQ200 DSG's.

Manual boxes in the 2015 VW Polo GTI 1.8TSI 192ps 320Nm and nothing like the same as a Mk3 Fabia 1.2 TSI.

The DSG one was limited to 250Nm but oddly is quicker....

Best do more research i think.

Oh really! Have to say this is completely different ball game to upgrading a classic mini, lol. 

I shall do a bit more research into it and see what I dig up, cheers for helping out!

• Like 1

Not sure i would be spending lots modifying a Euro 6 1.2 TSI engine.

How much 'Need for Speed' do you have? 

There are better built engines & Gearboxes that can take more power.  Start with one that has not had issues, even if not many, but growing....

59 minutes ago, Offski said:

Not sure i would be spending lots modifying a Euro 6 1.2 TSI engine.

How much 'Need for Speed' do you have? 

There are better built engines & Gearboxes that can take more power.  Start with one that has not had issues, even if not many, but growing....

A fair bit to be honest, looking at keeping the car in the family a long time hence why I’m considering spending this much money on it. Also got all the equipment I’ll need if it ever goes wrong etc...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Offski said:

Do you mean rebuilding the engine?

Are you going to blueprint it then before fitting the hybrid turbo?

No worries with the gearbox then, upgrade it and the clutch and maybe fit a LSD.

Engine shouldn’t really need rebuilding if the power is staying under 200 hp.

And no I won’t be, tolerances on cars nowadays aren’t too far out, as well as that I’ve had the car from brand new so I know how it’s been run in/ serviced etc.

Yeah definitely gonna need a clutch and will have a look into LSDs

27 minutes ago, Offski said:

No it should not.

Good luck with it all and have fun.

What are you being advised to go with for spark plugs and coils.

& are you running it on 99 ron super unleaded now?

Thanks buddy!

And not sure yet as the company who are developing it all are still a little bit off, will definitely be uprated though.

Yes! Have been running it on 99 since having it remapped.

54 minutes ago, Kenrw8 said:

Mine is in the garage now for LuK clutch and Quaife LSD

Sounds good! Will have to let me know what it’s like when you get it back, have you gone for more of a road or track setup?

I've posted in Fabia sleeper in Fabia Projects.

Having a road setup.

Notice you had a remap , what did you have and what is it now, mine was originally 84hp now 142hp

Also run on Tesco 99 Ron.

Even though it's an Elegance trim it doesn't have ESP or TC but now has polyflex bushes all round an Monroe sport shocks for firmer ride.

Edited by Kenrw8

36 minutes ago, Kenrw8 said:

I've posted in Fabia sleeper in Fabia Projects.

Having a road setup.

Notice you had a remap , what did you have and what is it now, mine was originally 84hp now 142hp

Also run on Tesco 99 Ron.

Even though it's an Elegance trim it doesn't have ESP or TC but now has polyflex bushes all round an Monroe sport shocks for firmer ride.

I’ll have a look!

originally it was 110hp it’s now 142hp on 97 Ron, I’d imagine it would push 145-147hp now as I also run Tesco 99 Ron.

Also have a forge motorsport intake, eibach 25mm lowering springs and 20mm spacers all round as well as a back box delete.

• 2 months later...

Just had my wife’s mk2 Monte 1.2TSI 105 mapped by JBS Auto Design.

car’s running 145 bhp and 174 ft lbs (235 NM) with no other mods.  Like a whole new car and very smooth so would highly recommend this for someone seeking a bit more power/torque until Skoda launch the mk4 Fabia with an engine bigger than 1.0 L

• 6 months later...

@Adam1200 Have you managed to get anything done in terms of turbo upgrade?

I have a 2016/16 Fabia 1.2 TSI 90 5 speed that has full forge intake and catback exhaust and standard 130 bhp remap but will soon get decat and stage 2 which should see circa 150bhp. I am however considering the new turbo option at some point so just wondering how you got on. I've been doing some digging and it turns out the turbo from the 1.4 TSI 150 is a straight swap into the late 1.2 TSI. If that is the case then it would be fairly easy to source and fit! 

Also - in terms of internals the 1.2 TSI is incredibly strong (in fact stronger than the 1.4 TSI allegedly) and I've been advised by none other than JBS that unless you want more than 200 bhp the stock internals are more than adequate. The clutch and gearbox (for the 5 speed) also can cope with going to about 200 bhp and 250 nm without having to upgrade. There is a 1.2 TSI Ibiza that was 90 bhp stock and has the 5 speed manual which is running about 240 bhp and 360 nm on stock internals, stock clutch and stock gearbox.