Skoda Superb now at Dealer ... what next

Those car washes use a very strong TFR which over time will affect the laquer, i wont use them, but if you chose to i would recommend not to use too often! 

Any wax or product you do have on it will be gone, lifeshine included lol. 

Edited by Adrian55555
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, xman said:

I can confirm similar experience with plain factory lacquer (cost £0), which might get washed 4 times a year with a capful of turtle Wax car wash. Bird crap, even 2 week old baked on, removed with a wet sponge, using H2O, can't see any marks.

Recently, on sons recommendation, used local immigrant run hand car wash, lots of suds and mysterious chemicals sprayed on, comes up showroom condition in under 5 minutes with glossy shiny tyres even! All for a fiver.

:notme:

This statement has scared me so much that I may never sleep with the lights off again.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, xman said:

I can confirm similar experience with plain factory lacquer

15 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

This statement has scared me so much that I may never sleep with the lights off again.  

So @xman - are you going to tell him or do I have to?

In best Sergeant Major voice, and with apologies to the original joke - "All those with factory lacquer, take one pace forwards. @penguin17 - What the **** do you think you're doing?!!!" 

:D Sorry mate - couldn't resist.

• Haha 2

Autoglym Lifeshine has a lifetime guarantee *subject to terms and conditions, strangely I can't find those terms and conditions on their website :dull:

I did find this under their FAQ

Damage to the paintwork caused by bird droppings is covered under the LifeShine Guarantee, however, droppings must be washed off using an Autoglym shampoo or comparable product within 48 hours, otherwise etching or discolouration may occur. Failure to do so will invalidate the guarantee on our inspection. No paint finish, however protected, can withstand the prolonged effects of such a corrosive matter. There is a limit to one bird dropping claim within the first 12 months of LifeShine guarantee registration.

What kind of crap is that? 

So much for their impenetrable Carbon Technology barrier

LifeShine-bodywork-graphic.thumb.png.1822a239a34a8cbadad14e5456d5b0d4.png

1 dropping in 1st 12 months.... Lmao!  In all years in the trade i have never had anyone come back for guarantee work on lifeshine...  Its just a wax.... Nothing special especially for the price they charge around 200-300 quid!  

• Like 1

On 19/10/2018 at 22:49, Offski said:

The extended Warranty has to be done before the car is first registered.

The Skoda UK configurator says now it needs to be done at the time of ordering.

Question that, have it confirmed that it can not be done before the car id first registered, do not take the salespersons word on that, 

or the configurators.

Tell the Dealership what you want the Services at, left on Variable / Flexible as they received it set or changed to fixed.

Depending on your use / annual mileage.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

Agrre extra extended wareranty done on my octavia , before they reistered it but after it was ordered 

• 3 weeks later...

For paint protection I use Klasse All In One then klasse sealant glaze with wax on top. Looks good, cheap, easy to apply. A coat lasts a year or so and survives standard car washes.

http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecom.cgi?Command=ShowProduct&db_pid=262

https://www.motorgeek.co.uk/cgi-bin/ecom.cgi?Command=ShowProduct&db_pid=263

A bottle of each has lasted me 10 years .