1.2 tsi Yeti dmf problem?

System_X

Hello!

I bought second hand skoda yeti 1.2 tsi 2012 (105hp) vs 6 gears manual gearbox.

Since i bought the car i have one issue, when i drive the car in 5th and 6th gears from 2200rpm to around 2800rpm i feeling vibration in the car, or from the gearbox or from the engine. The vibration gets stronger only when i pushing on the gas.

Started to think is it possible that it's the Dual Mass Flywheel?

The car vs 80k kilometers. Also changed the timing chain and more.

Thanks for the riplies!

Forgot to say that the engine mounts and gear mount are new and after i changed them the situation feels better = less vibrations.

The spark plugs and ignition wires are both new!

I dont think that it's the tires because the vibration changes vs load on the throttle.

The wasted spark coil packs are know to fail - to start with they show up under load by dropping down to two cylinders (ie when "pushing on the gas"). Quick, cheap and easy fix and for a 2012 car worth replacing anyway as they do seem to fail every few years (I'm on my third on my old Octavia now).

It's not a bent/out of balance wheel issue? Just remembered when I bought my Superb - I experience a slight vibration at higher speeds that was just a wheel out balance. Someone else on this forum had similar issues that included replacings lots of bits and wheel balancing. Turned out to be an out of true wheel. Can't find the link but I'll look. Jack each wheel up an rotate to see if it spins straight and look up the driveshaft to see if that does as well (I've seen bent driveshafts on other cars after someone placed a jack in the wrong place!).

I know you mention that you don't think it's tyres/wheel as it changes with load but I've experienced wierd faults with out of balance wheels in the past. Might be worth moving wheels front to back and vice versa to see if the vibration changes - that won't cost anything just to try.

The upper revs you mention would be a highish motorway+ speed.

Edited by bigjohn

Its usually just tyres, some go out of balance over time.

It may have been kerbed

A balance weight may have dropped off.

Check you don't have a gob of mud stuck inside the alloy

If you have a full size spare, try swapping.

Check none of your shock absorbers are leaking oil.

From there on, it gets more serious, driveshaft, cv joints, differential

Edited by xman

Likewise try your car details in:- https://www.eurocarparts.com/clutch-kit

Clutch kit for the 1.2tsi looks like it's for a SMF car.

I think my 1.4tsi Superb II has a SMF as well although I think the Superb III 1.4tsi has a DMF for the 150ps ACT but SMF for the 125ps version (manuals) [EDIT] Was going of previous eurocarparts listings as was investigating buying one - they seem to have changes so possibly all 1.4tsi are SMF

Edited by bigjohn

Having had a DMF go o my diesel Yeti the first thing I noticed was a clattering on overrun and when idling. Being a sensible chap I stopped driving the car until I could get it checked. It was broken with a capital F.

3 hours ago, bigjohn said:

I think my 1.4tsi Superb II has a SMF as well although I think the Superb III 1.4tsi has a DMF for the 150ps ACT but SMF for the 125ps version (manuals)

Had me worried for a while there John. Superb iii 150 ACT manual has SMF and DSG has DMF according to https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/03c105269p-flywheel-skoda-32125.html

19 minutes ago, xman said:

Had me worried for a while there John. Superb iii 150 ACT manual has SMF and DSG has DMF according to https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/03c105269p-flywheel-skoda-32125.html

Actually you might be correct - Eurocarparts used to list different clutch kits depending on whether 125 or 150 ps - seems to be the same kit now. It was part of my investigation re my next car.

I was impressed with www.skoda-parts.com when I used them earlier in the year

Edited by bigjohn