Folding Mirrors Skoda Yeti

Jsstelt

Today I installed the Power folding mirrors. 
I already updated the door modules a few weeks back, because I wanted to use the puddle lights. 
The puddle lights are a simple upgrade but you must have the right door modules or else the lights won't turn on. The cable is always ready for puddle lights. 

Check here to remove the door card. 

And here to remove the mirror cap

I couldn't find the differences in the mirrors, all they say on different website's and eBay is how many pins the mirrors have. 
7 Pins Mirror is standard. It uses 3 wires for the mirror to move it around. 3 wires for the blinker (1 for the puddle light) And 1 for the heating (Ground of the heating is the same for the motor I think). So a 7 pins mirror always has 1 wire for puddle lights. 
The 9 pins mirror (The ones I bought on eBay) has 2 extra wires for the Folding motor. Then there are also 11, 13 and 15 pins mirrors. I think those have extra wires for a memory function and maybe dimming function? 

I you only wan't to install puddle lights, you need this: 
p.jpg.a038c0ca871db7d1f6d5b1a906ecd65c.jpg
And maybe new door modules to get everything working. 

The door modules I used are: 7N0959792C and 7N0959793C. The came for a VW Sharan. 
I guessed this, it was a bit of a gamble but I checked that the connector that runs to the mirror has more pins in it then the module that cam with the yeti. 
But everything worked fine. 

I ordered 2 used mirrors from the UK, which I though they were the same for a LHD but they are not! The angle in the housing is a little different. You have to take the mirrors completely apart to get this working. Else the angle is wrong and you cannot get the mirrors in the best position. 
The easiest way to retrofit folding mirrors is to buy the right ones. LHD if you have a LHD car. 

But if you don't it can be done! 

First the obstacle was to remove the mirror (or what's left of it) from the housing (Which is attached to the car). 
You have to push the center "ring" and spring underneath down and turn it a little to the left or right (10 / 15 degrees). Then it comes up and you can separate the 2 parts. 

IMG_1482.thumb.jpg.a96bd72b76fb760a1a972b79aea44f44.jpg

IMG_3694.thumb.jpg.7a98d31ee79362d42817ed6e6770aa5e.jpg

After that the housing you have for the non folding mirror is different. Like the photo:
 IMG_3697.thumb.jpg.1789cf38370338b9235dab6bf9de7534.jpg

The 4 pins are not on the housing for the folding mirror. You have to remove them. 
Break them of with a cutter or plier and use a file to smooth is with the rest. Then the Folding mirror will fit. 
Use the spring of the folding mirror and not the other one, those are different. 

After that put everything on the car.

Last problem I had was that the mirror worked in opposite directions. When I locked the car the mirrors would open. And when I start the car they closed. 
Maybe because the door modules are from a VW sharan? Simple solution to this is to reverse the 2 wires for the folding mirror. Do this at the module and not at the mirror.
The pink and Grey ones are for the folding motor. Just swap positions. Now everything is working as it should. 

IMG_1483.thumb.JPG.cdd2467dc07928d96ed322741a6f560e.JPG

I do not have the correct door mirror switch. The one with an extra position for folding. But you can use the folding mirrors with the remote. (2nd press and hold)
They unfold when you start the car. 
You need this switch 1Z1959565F (Also for Octavia 2)

Edited by Jsstelt
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...