1.4 TSI Octavia buying advice

I'm looking at a 2012 1.4 TSI Octavia Elegance hatchback. From reading lots of other posts about this engine, I think this engine is chain driven? The car doesn't have a rattle when starting from cold but is there anything else I can look out for if I go back and see the car again? Thanks. 

Apart from blue smoke on start up and obvious knocks and rattles as long as the car looks straight and clean and you like it go for it. I got a similar aged elegance 6 months ago although an estate and with dsg and I love it.High 40s to low 50s on a run and very quiet.

I have the same engine in my 2014 Superb and thus far it's been faultless over it's 65k miles. Oil consumption very low indeed not requiring topping up between services, considering the size of the engine and the size of the car performance is great, economy is way better than I expected - over 50mpg is possible on a long run and overall average is 45.7mpg although it can really drop if fully laden and going up lots of hills. The best bit is it is soooo quiet - at tickover mine is silent except possibly just about being able to detect the fuel pump running - I usually hear the engine from the car behind me!

Service history is important, these engines need clean oil. If the car has had 10k servicing all the better! They also run better with higher octane petrol ( If it says 98 or min 95 inside the fuel flap )

Edited by bigjohn