Is the suspension lower on the 75 vs 60 ?

stonyb1

Have been looking at Carwow quotes/specs for 75 hp Citigo - and the 75 quotes are showing 'lowered suspension'

in the tech details. - I'm surprised (putting it mildly) - can anybody confirm or otherwise whether this is the case

as presumably there will be ride and handling differences between the 60 and 75. 

Mine is an Elegance Greentech and as I understand it the car runs with lowered suspension in order to get it lower to the floor for better drag coefficient and achieve the required CO2 figures. It has 75 profile tyres. I have had two 60 horse standard Citigo's while mine has been serviced and honestly can't tell any difference in the handling between them and mine.

They all handle pretty good but the rear end could do with some better damping I think...

Edited by Eltezz

2 hours ago, nbJubilee said:

My 60 has lowered suspension because it is the economy ,stop start Elegance. The only difference with the 75 engine happens at high revs. Handling is like a go kart.

Gearing is different too. Not much though. 

Thanks for the above replies - it seems that the model/suspension permutations are not as simple as I first thought, and if the gearing varies as well then the choice becomes even more complicated !!

Maybe easier for me to stick with my Fabia.

Edited by stonyb1
  • Confused 1

On 06/11/2018 at 15:39, Offski said:

Not that complicated, just drive before you buy what you are interested in and see if you like or not.

Were that life was that simple !!.

I'm interested in the 75 SEL which comes with 15" wheels - but local Skoda only have 60 and the 14 " wheels.

As the wheel size will undoubtedly makes a difference to the ride and feel of the car any test drive locally will not

tell me how my 'preferred' 75 SEL will feel.

5 hours ago, Offski said:

They are not crashy really on either wheels / tyres.  Light Up!MiiCitigo.   Rides better IMO than some Mk3 Fabia

That's part of the reason I am interested in the Citigo. 

I did change the wheels on my Fabia last year (from 16" to 15" because I found the ride on the 16's a bit hard - and the 15's were more forgiving - but like most changes there was a trade off - and I'm finding there is now more lateral movement/roll on the 15's, as well as a less precise feel to the steering - and am now trying to decide between putting 16" back on the Fabia or getting a Citigo

Win some, lose some - but I'm not good at compromises.............

Edited by stonyb1
to mark the relevant part of the quote

4 hours ago, stonyb1 said:

That's part of the reason I am interested in the Citigo. 

I did change the wheels on my Fabia last year (from 16" to 15" because I found the ride on the 16's a bit hard - and the 15's were more forgiving - but like most changes there was a trade off - and I'm finding there is now more lateral movement/roll on the 15's, as well as a less precise feel to the steering - and am now trying to decide between putting 16" back on the Fabia or getting a Citigo

Win some, lose some - but I'm not good at compromises.............

Wheels on my Monte Carlo are the 15” and I can say they ride greatly! Smooth! Although general quality of the tyres from factory weren’t so good as they’re cracking but not much can be done about that..

18 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Wheels on my Monte Carlo are the 15” and I can say they ride greatly! ..

Your Monte Carlo  -  what size tyres are on your 15" ?

Edited by stonyb1
edit text