Seat Belt Sensor light on dash.

NZ100

Thanks, does that mean things have to be linked up to do that.? 

Im going to be putting some seats in that dont have the sensor pad in the seats. Just trying to cut down on taking the seats apart. 

What's £25 a piece? A new seat occupancy sensor or a bypass kit?

A bypass kit should normally just be a resistor. You can probably work out an appropriate value by measuring the resistance from the occupancy sensor.

Just as a warning, the seat occupancy sensor is there for a reason, by removing or modifying the system you may cause the airbag not to deploy or even deploy when it shouldn't,

Sensor pad, from Skoda. 

I put sensor pads in the previous seats I got from a Fabia Monty Carlo.

I was just wondering if it could be done, seeing as I would have to take two seats apart to get the sensors out, and then take two other seats apart to put them in. 

The 2011 Monty seats didn't have sensors in.

Hi T. As you can see from my profile I have a Roomster, the light on the dash is a reminder to put your seatbelt on, if you pull away without it on. 

If I remember rightly, in the past ,i think I tried not linking the wiring up to the seatbelt , but the light on the dash pings because it thinks you've not put your seatbelt on.

All the Fabia seats I've had dealings with, don't have sensors in the seats at all, i don't know if the new Fabia's have them on. Just an observasion .

When you plug the seatbelt in it breaks the connection on the stalk. Disconnecting it does the same thing so as the wiring is open circuit the dash thinks it is plugged in, hence no light.

Does the light just come on anyway regardless of the seat belt status just as a reminder?

Edited by Tech1e

Hi T. Just had to go out to the car to answer that.

When you switch the ignition on the seat belt light comes on, wether your sitting in the drivers or not, the light goes off when you plug seat belt in.

When a passenger gets in the seat belt light comes on, then goes off when you plug the seat belt in.

Interesting, that means if you don't put the pressure pad in the passenger seat, the light won't come on, if I've thought that through right.

How do you see it T. ?

It depends how the pad works but they do make bypass kits to make it appear there is nobody ever sat there. You then risk the passenger airbag not working as the car thinks nobody it sat there.

Tech1es solution is to make it always seem like the seat-belt in use. This will probably extinguish the light but may also cause the airbag not to deploy.

For the sake for £25 and some time, I'd probably just fit one to make sure a passenger gets a working airbag.

• Like 1

Hi L. Yes i see what your saying . Just a thought though, what about all the Fabia's  that dont have a seat belt warning light.

I suppose it's a whole different subject really. 

I will probably change the seat sensors over, like i did the last time i changed the seats. Who wouldn't want little lights that ping at you, oh, that was me at the start of this post.

Hi All, just to let to know, i ordered a new seat belt sensor pad yesterday, just to cut down on taking the seat apart and making it easier for the next person who buy's the seats i have in now. Much appreciated all the input from all on the forum. Thanks.

Yes T, i was convinced there was a sensor in the drivers seat as well, but when i went to Skoda to get a sensor, the guy said they only do a sensor for the passenger seat. GREAT, that means i only have to take one seat apart to put it in.