Oil Viscosity

Skoda Recommended oil for a 1.0 MPI or TSI which will be the correct for Variable / Flexible servicing will be to VW 504 / 507  so 5w 30 Full Synthetic Long Life.

............ Not relevant to the OP, but.

The new Face Lift might now have VW 508 / 509 as they leave the factory, so 0w 20 FS Long Life.   So check the Owners Manual.  Ask at Dealerships etc.

Expect different answers and clueless Service Desk Staff.

Edited by Offski

If it's 999cc then it is the 1.0 TSI. Do you know if it's 60PS or 75PS?

Put your registration number into this website...

https://www.opieoils.co.uk/f/2356/28491/2017/engine-oil-top-up.aspx

I searched on Fabia > 1.0 TSI > 2017...

Either way you need 5W-30, but it is important to ensure than the oil conforms to one of the VW specifications as detailed in the manual, as pictured above.

The VW 502 00, VW 504 00, VW 508 00 specifications will be on the back of the bottle.

Edited by silver1011

5 w 30 FS LL,    to VW 504 / 507.    Use the correct spec only..     5w 40 FS to VW 502 00 can be used for Fixed Servicing Intervals.

& 1.0 MPI 75 ps engines are not TSI's just incase anyone mixes up MPI & TSI.

Edited by Offski

If you are new to VW Group cars you might find it strange that you are not given good and tight info on what oil to buy for topping up, I'll admit that I was also what I found coming from Ford and VX cars, but once you understand that the VW specs relating to your car are more important than the weight of the oil then things become simpler, so as said check places like opieoil for suitable specs etc.   For what its worth, I just stick with using a 5W-30 oil to the correct VW Spec for my cars, okay maybe I'm running all my cars on fixed time/mileage and using longlife oil, but I'm sticking with Mobil One 5W-30 ESP as that is what I've used for many years.