Pre Paid service by previous owner

pookie666

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. 

I bought my Skoda back in July, and in the paperwork it had infor on pre paid servicing that had been bought and paid for in full. There is one service left on this agreement.

I've then recenlty contacted the skoda dealer it was bought from (RRG Rochdale) and they are saying the service isn't transferable to a new owner? They've contacted Pendragon who apparently manage the service agreements and they came back saying that "it's the customers responsibility to pay for the service".

So okay I get it may not be transferable to the new owner, but I've read on skoda's website that they are..

Also on the piece of paper I've got it has no mention of pendragon? I also have doubts because the lady there seemed to have no interest in the paper or service agreement number..

Anyone else had experience of this and know who i can contact?

Thanks

I'll do a bit of guessing here, if that was a Skoda supplied service package bought and paid for at the time of purchase, then it will be transferable, if it was a car dealership group's own version of that Skoda package, then I'd expect that it is not transferable. 

Now in all fairness, sometimes or maybe quite often, this is not made clear to customers, in our case, we bought a brand new Polo from the local VW dealership who is part of a bigger organisation, what they sold us, and I do think that it was made clear to us, was a service package that could only ever be used at that VW dealership or their other dealership at the other side of town - and that suited us.

1 hour ago, rum4mo said:

I'll do a bit of guessing here, if that was a Skoda supplied service package bought and paid for at the time of purchase, then it will be transferable, if it was a car dealership group's own version of that Skoda package, then I'd expect that it is not transferable. 

Looks like you're right here. its the RRG groups agreement rather than a skoda agreement, and the dealership is flat out refusing it's existence...

So, it looks like i'm not getting my service paid for which is a shame.

Just wondering if getting it done at  a main dealership is worth it? I have no skoda warranty to uphold, I got extended warranty when I bought my car from Evans Halshaw.

Should I avoid places like kwik fit?

Do not go to Kwik Fit.   What are they doing a Oil & Filter change?

Find a good Independent if you want Services, Preventive Servicing and Maintenance. 

Not this stuff, not even the £99 Oil & Filter change and look see.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed

This is no guarantee of parts checked or replaced but the same price paid.   Non Participating Dealers might offer cheaper.  Ask what they are going to do though.

5 minutes ago, Offski said:

Do not go to Kwik Fit.   What are they doing a Oil & Filter change?

Find a good Independent if you want Services, Preventive Servicing and Maintenance. 

Not this stuff, not even the £99 Oil & Filter change and look see.

http://skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed

This is no guarantee of parts checked or replaced but the same price paid.   Non Participating Dealers might offer cheaper.  Ask what they are going to do though.

It's due a major service according to the Dealer, so spark plugs and everything needs doing according to them, even though it's only done 15k miles ('64 plate 1.2 tsi 105)

So are they going to fit new spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter, Oil & Filter / sump plug and take just £279?

OK if they are, still could be cheaper at an Independent though.

4 years is right for plugs changed, not 40,000 or 60,000 miles,  but only at the Fixed Price. 

They can do a Fuel Filter as well. (they say on Diesels, some Dealerships do the Fitted for Life Fuel Filter at Major Services.)

Was the Pollen Filter changed last year if not done at 2 years, and the Brake Fluid?  That was due at 3 years. 

Edited by Offski

1 minute ago, Offski said:

Was the Pollen Filter changed last year if not done at 2 years, and the Brake Fluid?  That was due at 3 years. 

Sadly no mention of it with the paperwork I got with the car, I think the last bits it had done were oil and a tyre change.

If no record then a Main Dealership should do by Manufacturers Guidelines as there is no real Schedule. 

So 4 year Major Service.  Let them change the Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Pollen Filter & Oil & Filter for £279 and not a penny more. 

If they say it needs plugs then why change their mind after they see it has only done 15,000 miles.  

Look at the air filter yourself if you have the torx bit to open the air box.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

7 minutes ago, Offski said:

If no record then a Main Dealership should do by Manufacturers Guidelines as there is no real Schedule. 

So 4 year Major Service.  Let them change the Spark Plugs, Air Filter, Pollen Filter & Oil & Filter for £279 and not a penny more. 

If they say it needs plugs then why change their mind after they see it has only done 15,000 miles.  

Look at the air filter yourself if you have the torx bit to open the air box.

http://volkswagen.co.uk/owners/servicing/regimes

OK I'll get it done there, and see if they mention the brake fluid change.  I'll have a dig through the paper work I got and see if there is any indication of it getting done.

I asked them about the spark plugs and they said it's included in the price.

What is important is the Body Inspection.  For the Paint & Corrosion Warranty.

Just because Skoda UK have been knocking back Warranty Claims because they are saying no record of carried out, 

odd because they have the record of Main Dealers that do services, so know where the Inspections are not done or not put on the system.

'Simply Clever', Tell the Dealer Principal, your staff are lax.

3 hours ago, pookie666 said:

I got extended warranty when I bought my car from Evans Halshaw.

Another piece of paper that is totally worthless. It will basically exclude every fault its possible for a car to have and it will also have a sizable excess on each claim

The only extended warranties worth having are manufacturers ones and only then if they have the exact same exclusions as the original 3 year warranty.

Take the extended warranty I had with the Seat Leon. Buy before the car was registered and as I said above it was the same T & C's as original for another 2 years. Buy after registration (only a day would affect your cover) and the list of exclusions was long and there was a £200 excess every time you went to the garage.

In truth the Seat one I bought was a waste of money, the bloody thing never went wrong. Everybody told me TSi's were a money pit and Seats were crap, what a bunch of idiots.

There have been good news stories coming from buyers of cars from Evans Halshaw.

eg

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/452890-yeti-18tsi-brand-new-engine-a-success-story

Terrible ones from owners with a Skoda Warranty or Approved car warranty.   Just as well, those being blown out by Skoda UK are punting cars to Evans Halshaw 

and new owners will be along asking for advice.

There are Skoda Warranties where you decide the excess amount, and named parts or not.

Buyer beware.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/440772-nightmare-fabia-vrs-engine-replacement-needed

Edited by Offski