110bhp 1.9tdi AHF Fabia estate?

SithDowell

MlHey there fellow skodians, looking for knowledge and opinion:

I have a golf that's waaaaaay beyond saving, but the engine gearbox and running gear are sweet. Was thinking about sourcing a T4 and putting the engine in there but now I think I fancy something a bit more comfy and cosseting as a daily driver. A mk1 Fabia estate, to be specific.

I need the boot space for gigging equipment, and I need the AHF so I can run it on bio/veg.

Considered a 9n polo estate but the Fabia (especially in Elegance trim) has all the creature comforts I'd want.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks!

Yeah! I noticed the similarities between the SDI and the TDI, that's what made me think it wouldn't be too difficult to nail in a better engine.

Only thing is the SDI never came in Elegance trim. The 1.9 tdi PD did but they're more expensive and already have a decent power plant...

Might do. But I'm hoping to keep it for as many years as I can, and installing an engine that should slot right in is probably the best option for a first engine swap attempt.

Thanks for the input :)

Edited by SithDowell
Didn't make sense