Original Radio/Stereo Question

Vrsnick180

Recently purchased a Fabia Mk1 for my eldest son 2006 1.2 Version.

It came with a aftermarket blaupunkt CD radio fitted.

The Blaupunkt does have a few issues the radio reception isn’t great (could be aerial though) and the cd sometimes skips so I would prefer to replace it with something more oem type as an all singing and dancing head unit really isn’t required.

Question is we don’t have the original Radio/Stereo etc so if I find an original Fabia Mk1 radio/stereo from a breakers etc assuming I get the code will it still work ok as it’s a different car? I think I read somewhere that the original radio/stereo units were coded to the cars original ecu and don’t need a code they just talk to each other without having to enter a code but not sure if it will still work ok.

Can anyone confirm this or advise if I can fit an original radio/stereo from another car without issues?

Thanks

Nick 

Edited by Vrsnick180

They radio can automatically authenticate with the car as you said. This is so you have to input the radio code every time you take your battery off for example. However, the radios still do have a radio code that is used if the automatic system doesn't work or if you move the radio to another car.

So yes, the radio will work in your car, providing you get the code

I got a cheapo £40 radio from Halfords that did the job after my original one broke - think some of the internal wiring had come loose.

im sure I could have got one cheaper than Halfords, however it was annoying me that much I wanted it fixing there and then!

Just a little update purchased an original Fabia Mk1 symphony cd radio from an excellent member on here who replied to my Wanted advert.

Seller supplied the code and original hand book.

Fitted it this afternoon simple code input required and all works great.