Windows open

Dorry

The only way they'll automatically close is if the rain sensor* on the windscreen detects rain.

Otherwise they'll stay open, with the added bonus of the alarm* sounding each time something floats past one of the interior motion sensors*▲.

* if fitted / activated.

unless deactivated.

Edited by silver1011

Iirc on the Octavia if you lock it using the key, not the fob, it should keep the windows open and set the immobiliser without setting the alarm so the dogs won’t set it off. 

Well, this works for me (to keep the car aired in hot weather) on the current 1.2 TSi, just as it did on the previous 2.0 TDi: 

1...If you have power-folding mirrors, lock the car with the fob (clunk) and...  

2...continue to hold the button until the mirrors fold. 

3...Unlock the car with the fob button (clunk) and...   

4...continue holding the button to lower the windows to the required gap.  (This can be fun - as a guide, release the button as soon as the windows move or they'll drop too far and you'll have to start all over again. Huh.) 

5...Lock again with one press-and-release (if you hold it down, hey presto, the windows close) then...

6...after the clunk, press-and-release again within a second or so, which puts the alarm in 'ferry mode' - disables the interior movement and tilt sensors.

I must have got this from the forum, way back; I couldn't have invented it, could I?  Sorry, I can't remember who posted it.