Looking to buy a used Yeti

Dunkf

My Peugeot dealer always says that My car flys through the emissions test because it’s driven hard. They only see EGR and DPF problems on ‘in town’ and slowly driven cars.

They advised My 80+ year old Dad to start buying petrol cars as His Deisels were getting clogged up due to slow driving!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Dunkf said:

I'd go for a 140bhp, but the torque figures are a bit down from what I’m used to so a 170 would be ideal. 

The torque figure for a 136 BHP 2.0 HDi is 240 lb/ft vs 236 lb/ft for a 140 BHP Yeti (258 lb/ft for a 170). The Yeti also is a little quicker to 60 mph, so a 140 should be largely similar to your existing car.

Edited by pinkpanther

Ah. I must have looked at the wrong figures.

i can’t remember where I saw the numbers but From what I saw the 140 was down in torque from My current car. Now You’ve pointed that out it’s made the search a lot easier.

obviously if a 170 came up then I’d go for it, but a 140 would be more than sufficient.

i may seem a bit fixated on torque figures, but for Me mid-range pull is more relevant to everyday driving than 0-60 times.

thanks again for pointing that out

5 hours ago, Frenchtone said:

if its an unmolested 140 why not use a dtuk or similar box, that would push output up to around 170

Or if you start with a 170, a remap will take you to around 200-210bhp (and the 170 comes with the larger brakes as std).

:devil:

I’ll definitely look into some sort of tuning if I get a 140 (something I’ve never got around to doing) but if I manage to get a 170 I’ll probably leave it alone as I’d probably lose My license!

13 hours ago, Dunkf said:

Ah. I must have looked at the wrong figures.

i can’t remember where I saw the numbers but From what I saw the 140 was down in torque from My current car. Now You’ve pointed that out it’s made the search a lot easier.

obviously if a 170 came up then I’d go for it, but a 140 would be more than sufficient.

i may seem a bit fixated on torque figures, but for Me mid-range pull is more relevant to everyday driving than 0-60 times.

thanks again for pointing that out

Maybe you'd looked at the 110 2.0 TDi, which only offers 184 lb/foot of torque. I've driven all three (and owned 2) and the 110 is noticeably down on power, compared to the 140 & 170. I also drove both 140 & 170 back-to-back and the difference is not so noticeable.

As previously noted you do benefit from larger front brakes on the 170 (this is something I may add to my  mapped 140, if I can ever figure out which calipers the car is fitted with:wondering:)

Either the 140, or 170 are a great car. Looking back I also enjoyed my 110 BHP 2.0, but the lack of 4WD (traction) and (relative) performance left it feeling a little pedestrian, compared with either a 140 or 170.

• 1 month later...

Hi again

thanks to everyone for answering My questions.

after a slow start, I eventually got around to looking at a few cars. This was due to My Peugeot showing its age!!!!!

today I agreed on a 2009 170bhp elegance in white. 100,000 miles, so quite high, but was in budget. Besides They gave Me £1000 for My car, to say I nearly bit Their hands off is an understatement.

i collect it next week.

cant wait

I’ll let You all know how I get on

• Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 20:31, Dunkf said:

Hi again

thanks to everyone for answering My questions.

after a slow start, I eventually got around to looking at a few cars. This was due to My Peugeot showing its age!!!!!

today I agreed on a 2009 170bhp elegance in white. 100,000 miles, so quite high, but was in budget. Besides They gave Me £1000 for My car, to say I nearly bit Their hands off is an understatement.

i collect it next week.

cant wait

I’ll let You all know how I get on

Congratulations on the new car:thumbup:

You won't be disappointed. Just love my Yeti 170 elegence, even after 4 years. Plenty of torque, and enough power for me. A pleasure to drive. Enjoy your Yeti.

Yeah, looking forward to getting it. Obviously I’m a bit nervous seeing as it’s 10 years old with 100,000 on the clock, but I’m trying the buy old and replace often style of car buying.

Mines 7 years old now, just coming up to 60,000 miles and drives just same as when I bought it with 7,000 miles on. If yours has had 'the fix' may be a plan to get it re-mapped, avoid any problems with dpf and egr.

My 2010 Elegance was purchased new in 2010 and has 65000 miles on clock. It is 2.0CRD mapped to 170 bhp at 25,000 miles. Engine has been faultless and runs very smoothly as  not had "Fix" Keeping it for a while I think :-)

Well, it’s here.

80 mile drive home mostly on  dual carriageways.

it performed really well, I was surprised at how little body there was considering the height etc.

there are a few minor issues that I’ll get round to sorting soon e.g. surface rust patches around number plate lights, some bubbling of drivers door seal, nothing too major.

i do have a Bluetooth question though. The Columbus infotainment unit will let Me use My iPhone for calls, but not streaming music etc. I’m sure I read somewhere on here about changing the Bluetooth module under the seat. Does anyone have any info/ model numbers to fix this?

thanks in advance

Can't stream in my 2010 yeti its not implemented, bluetooth is only for calls.

The really odd thing is that when I have satnav on on my phone and am making a phone call the satnav lady comes through the stereo.

ETA I'm an android user.

Edited by idleness