Digital cockpit

BlackKaroq

On 15/03/2019 at 12:40, LBFS said:

If you have Lane Assist or High Beam Assist then you'll have the road sign recognition. Both assistance systems use the multifunction camera behind the rear view mirror which is not standard on all models - and this is the camera needed for road sign recognition. 

Not quite true, I have Lane assist and the Camera for High Beam Assist but I had to get Traffic sign recognition coded in via VCDS.  ( Octavia 245 )

1 minute ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Not quite true, I have Lane assist and the Camera for High Beam Assist but I had to get Traffic sign recognition coded in via VCDS.  ( Octavia 245 )

I have lane assist on my Tarraco but no TSR, nor High Beam Assist. I have tried Carista and enabled the option but still not working, TSR partially but not in hybrid mode, HIgh Beam Assist not at all even though it says its enabled

Edited by TonyTonic

3 minutes ago, TonyTonic said:

I have lane assist on my Tarraco but no TSR, nor High Beam Assist. I have tried Carista and enabled the option but still not working, TSR partially but not in hybrid mode, HIgh Beam Assist not at all even though it says its enabled

I suppose you do know, but have you turned HBA on by pushing the indicator stalk away from you, you then get a High beam on symbol in white with a letter " A " in it. ( Light switch needs to be in Auto. )

When HBA is activated at night the symbol turns blue and back to white when off 

2 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

I suppose you do know, but have you turned HBA on by pushing the indicator stalk away from you, you then get a High beam on symbol in white with a letter " A " in it. ( Light switch needs to be in Auto. )

When HBA is activated at night the symbol turns blue and back to white when off 

Yep all done. Still not working 

Does anyone know if there is a 'last destinations' menu available in the digital cockpit? This menu has featured on all the other vehicles I have had with maxidot and I'm pretty sure the Audi A5 I had with the digital cockpit had it too

If it's not available by default can it be enabled?

For well over a hundred years motorists have been quite capable of seeing the signs that indicate speed limits, and then noting when they change to another speed or to National Speed limit. Now its a major problem if a car doesnt have a little image on the dash to inform a driver what the speed limit is.

They arent even that accurate as they rely generally on a camera spotting the sign. Last week in Wales on two occasions the car told me I was in a 50mph zone when I was in fact in a 30mph zone, due I believe to overgrown vegetation partially hiding the signs so that I could read them but the car couldnt.

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

• 5 months later...

The format of the Virtual cockpit can be changed to show the speed signs on the left or right  - instead of the range for instance.

Its adjusted in the settings for the cockpit - as part of the customisation option on View 1 2 or 3

Mine currently shows - No Road Signs Available - but thats because its been parked on my drive a few days - normally would be a speed sign.

image.thumb.png.a13fdc8d957ed5c56403fc364a205c79.png

Also no speed sign of the Main Unit

image.png.78a52afc0e911826f37bff30a1f79427.png

Adjustment is Via this Menu

image.png.1c0e5301f9e6a12bcb6e483948d2aa5d.png

The circles left and right scroll - so you can select a number of different things.

image.png.51d720d3ccb6ee52d1d7e92d0c29e276.png

Hope this helps

Mine is a Kodiaq and I paid extra for the Traffic Sign Recognition - but would have still thought it would have brought it across from Nav...

My Karoq is an Edition so also has TSR - but that is standard instruments not VC

Sorry - I can not help further - other than suggest getting the TSR activated..

image.png.4fe0152acb58dc6373eaf05241542a20.png

or someone with VCDS and knows how to use it?

But even then I can not guarantee it would work obviously.

Guys, you are so helpful. That's nice :)

But I need to say...I know absolutely nothing at all about OBDEleven, VCDS, dongle or stuff like that. I mean...you might aswell speak russian :)

What is all those things about? It sounds a bit advanced for a n00b like me. 

Hi I am new here just got an SEL with digital cockpit.

When I picked the car up I had the nav on both the infotainment screen and also the cockpit but can't remember how the dealer did it and he can notremember either. 

Can anyone give any clues please

I'll try that tomorrow and let you know how I get on. Nav is showing all the time on the dash but as soon as you put it on the main unit it disappears again the you put it back and disappears on the main unit.

• 1 year later...

Dear friends, i bougjt on aliexpres a digital cockpit for my skoda karoq of 2018 nr 56G 920 790. I retrofited it end it works well, but i find a big problem at last for me.

When a use the menu to go to telephone to make a call, there is no setting for phone on the digital screen, i can't use the buttons of the steering to make a call or to find numbers on the screen becouse there is no phone settings. 

Before the retrofit i had a normal speedometer with no color end a lcd with setup (end no navy displayed) end a multimedia bolero with one Sd card port.

Before the instalation of the new cockpit, i normaly make calls, i was able to see numbers end refuse calls form my steering wheel buttons. Now with the new digital cockpit i can't, becouse it has no phone stettings on display.

Can enybody help me to insert phone settings on the digital cockpit? I am in desperate need for help. 

Please somebody help me 🙏