Living with the Kodiaq

pablomax

6 hours ago, JohnHooper said:

Thanks for your Kodiaq 2.0 TSI experience @SBell. Presumably, yours is also 2017/18 manufactured?

Any 'quibbles' with it, or major repairs you've needed, or warranty upgrades etc, during your ownership?

I've had 2, since my purchase in March 2018 (electronic boot lock failure, and now more recently an intermittent "phonebox" charging capabilty.)

There are not too many Kodiaq 2.0 TSI owners in Oz, so this international forum is very informative.

Cheers, John

Hi John. My 2.0 TSI was built and delivered in May 2018. So far I’ve got about 7,000km on it and haven’t had any issues. So far it’s run perfectly and everything has functioned well. I don’t have a wireless charging phone yet so haven’t really tested out the phone box. 

I’ve been really happy with the car and any quibbles I have are minor. I’m not a fan of the Nav system maps. They’re too busy and need to be simplified IMHO. I ordered the self parking feature to assist my wife parking but the feature is a pain to use and not very effective unless you’ve got tons of space (which usually isn’t the case in the city.) Other than that no major complaints yet. 

Love the 2.0 TSI though and glad I got it. When I put it in sport mode it’s a really fun drive for a big SUV!

cheers,

scott

• Thanks 1

6hrs into ownership and loving it so far. Only irritant is the wireless phone box doesn’t fit an iPhone XR (it’s too big), so won’t settle on the induction plate. Looks like I’m back to using cables, which I was trying to avoid ☹️

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, milkymarsh said:

Only irritant is the wireless phone box doesn’t fit an iPhone XR (it’s too big), so won’t settle on the induction plate.

They must have changed it then... I've got an XR and it fits (and charges). But then I tend to use a wire anyway because I use CarPlay.

7 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

They must have changed it then... I've got an XR and it fits (and charges). But then I tend to use a wire anyway because I use CarPlay.

Interesting, went into the dealer post pick up as I noticed that there wireless charging symbol wasn’t there on the mat. Turns out it’s no longer on the edition, and is an option ☹️.

its not a deal breaker for me as have always used cables to charge

Wireless charging is no longer standard, or available as a factory cost option on any of the models.

There was a lot of discussion around this back in the summer. Skoda had to pull a related feature that was designed to amplify mobile phone signals. In doing so there was some confusion around whether the wireless charging feature would remain. During the debacle some Karoq and Kodiaq models arrived with wireless charging, some didn't. Some were disabled and reworked by dealers prior to delivery. Some customers were compensated others weren't. A bit of a mess really.

When did you order, and what is stipulated on your order form? If wireless charging was included on the Edition when you ordered, and you have proof via your order form then you could be due a partial refund.

The official line from Skoda UK which was issued on the 19th April 2018 via a bulletin to their dealer network...

"Delivery stop for vehicles fitted with wireless smartphone charger, advanced telephone connection and business mobile phone interface. Retailers are to stop delivery of all new vehicles containing certain optional phone preparations to customers with immediate effect.
These phone preparation options normally include a component which amplifies mobile phone signals. Regrettably, due to technical and regulatory constraints, we are unable to provide this function at this moment in time.
All other functions of these options, such as wireless charging and dual phone Bluetooth connection will continue to be fully operational without any restrictions."

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

Wireless charging is no longer standard, or available as a factory cost option on any of the models.

There was a lot of discussion around this back in the summer. Skoda had to pull a related feature that was designed to amplify mobile phone signals. In doing so there was some confusion around whether the wireless charging feature would remain. During the debacle some Karoq and Kodiaq models arrived with wireless charging, some didn't. Some were disabled and reworked by dealers prior to delivery. Some customers were compensated others weren't. A bit of a mess really.

When did you order, and what is stipulated on your order form? If wireless charging was included on the Edition when you ordered, and you have proof via your order form then you could be due a partial refund.

The official line from Skoda UK which was issued on the 19th April 2018 via a bulletin to their dealer network...

"Delivery stop for vehicles fitted with wireless smartphone charger, advanced telephone connection and business mobile phone interface. Retailers are to stop delivery of all new vehicles containing certain optional phone preparations to customers with immediate effect.
These phone preparation options normally include a component which amplifies mobile phone signals. Regrettably, due to technical and regulatory constraints, we are unable to provide this function at this moment in time.
All other functions of these options, such as wireless charging and dual phone Bluetooth connection will continue to be fully operational without any restrictions."

Won’t be able to go back to the dealer as it was already made and I took it from the dock in Czech. So from order on 11th Dec, I got it yesterday.

i can understand why they would have issues with the legality of phone signal boost as in effect its broadcasting, so would potentially need to be licenced (I work in telecoms networks, so know of the issues there). Wireless charging shouldn’t have been affected though, unless they had issues of when being placed in the centre the signal strength was impacted. 

The only irritant from my side was the salesman said it was in the car, but unfortunately verbal rather than written. Never mind, back to cable charging it is!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

It would appear to be a UK only related problem as our European Kodiaq owners are still specified and supplied -  Comfort telephone handsfree with Phonebox and wireless charging function

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seems strange that Seat should offer wireless phone charger on higher spec models of the Tarraco in the UK, yet Simply Technologically Clever Skoda are still unable to supply in the UK.

image.thumb.png.240281b73c38a76f3c686c295ee08b68.png

Edited by Arkaig

I think the issue was more with the phone signal booster rather than the wireless charging feature?

I'm guessing the two elements may be connected in some way, hence both features being currently absent on the Kodiaq.

Hopefully SEAT saw the farce that occured with Skoda in the UK and were able to react before launching the Tarraco.

Would be a good question to put to Skoda UK customer services though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1