Skoda dealer siting on my new Qaroq

Rockpoint

Hi, I have a factory ordered Karoq 1.5 tsi SEL since August 2018. Skoda Customer Services informed me yesterday that it's been at the dealers 2 weeks now. The dealer has not informed me recently of the status of the vehicle, I am wondering if this is normal or there is a problem with the vehicle. I not going to pressurise the dealer just yet as I don't want to take delivery until January 1st 2019 anyway. Has any body else experience this sort of situation.

Thanks Offski, I don't no whether to play the waiting game or email them stating I want to take delivery on the first working day in January (2nd). As it's only 5 weeks on Tuesday for 2019 and would be better to have the new Karoq as a 2019 car than a December 2018 for resale purposes. Thanks

21 minutes ago, Rockpoint said:

As it's only 5 weeks on Tuesday for 2019 and would be better to have the new Karoq as a 2019 car than a December 2018 for resale purposes. Thanks

Really I and most people would go with the reg plate and a January car will still have a 68 plate on it, same as if you took it now. If you want a 19 plate you’ll need to wait till March 1st.

Edited by Kenny R

Ask to see the PDI. Better still ask for a copy. This document should identify any problems on the car from delivery. This should include any damage the vehicle may have sustained during transit. Dont think that this is a document you are not entiltled to see, you are. Dealers do not like to issue them as it may have information on it that could cause you to question acceptance of the vehicle.

• Like 1

Hi Sad555,

Thanks for your reply. Contacted the dealership and the Sale Executive informed it arrived late this Friday evening

from Grimsby Port. The car is at one their three secure compounds and has not got any damage at all. Just waiting to hear back

from sales to arrange collection and payment transfer. So the panic is over, thank goodness. Many thanks.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sad555 said:

perhaps they are waiting for a fix for the 1.5 sel first gear issue and if its got the issue do you really want it now?

I thought exactly the same, I would make sure you drive it from cold before accepting.

• Like 1

?

Best people do drive, New WLTP Certificated / Approved 1.5 TSI manuals with GPF's and then report if they are having the issue that pre WLTP / GPF ones are being reported as having, 

or some of them are.

No point the 'Internet Myth' being rolled on that is applies to all 1.5 TSI manuals.

Hi SC03OTT

My dealer has agreed to register my new Skoda Karoq on the 2nd January 2019 has he said if have waited 16 weeks for factory order what's another 5 weeks. He said he would do the same as when you come to sell it makes a big differentence in the trade in price.

'They wish!'

We will see just what the story is come say January 2021 or 2022 on Euro 6d temp WLTP approved vehicles from the VW Group.

Just what the demand is on them as they are out of Manufacturers Warranty.

I would be putting a Warranty Extension on it now or before it is first registered, that is money well spent IMO.

Edited by Offski

3 hours ago, Rockpoint said:

My dealer has agreed to register my new Skoda Karoq on the 2nd January 2019 has he said if have waited 16 weeks for factory order what's another 5 weeks. He said he would do the same as when you come to sell it makes a big differentence in the trade in price.

If your vehicle is currently at the dealership I'd get it registered pronto and drive it now. 

In January 2004 I bought a January 2003 registered 2002 Model Year Honda Civic (following me so far?). I couldn't afford to buy a 2003 registered 2003 MY as they  were nearly £4k more expensive due to Honda adding more desirable kit for that MY.

The only way that having your vehicle registered in 2019 would make a difference at trade in is if it was to have a 2019 VRN and it had the 2019 (or 2020)MY upgrades. 

Sales personnel tell you whatever they think you want to hear. When I was purchasing my vehicle I asked about Maxidot and AFSII headlights. I was told if it was him buying the vehicle he would not waste his money as they were just fancy add ons. 

I'll give you two guesses what two things I really miss not having specified for my vehicle. 

6 hours ago, Fin69 said:

Sales personnel tell you whatever they think you want to hear. When I was purchasing my vehicle I asked about Maxidot and AFSII headlights. I was told if it was him buying the vehicle he would not waste his money as they were just fancy add ons. 

I'll give you two guesses what two things I really miss not having specified for my vehicle. 

@Fin69, I have a similar experience as yours:

I was kind of stuck in finding the car that I wanted. At a moment, the dealer proposed me a car that didn't have heated steering wheel. When I told him, I don't want that car because it doesn't have that feature, he gave me an example of a client who was complaining that his hands were sweating when using that feature, just to make me belive that the heating steering wheel is not so good and I that can skip it.

Why did my dealer say that? Because he just wanted to sell that car, to have me as a client. With other words, his interest was to make money, without carrying about my confort or my needs.

@Rockpoint,  I think that your dealer was happy with that because he can show your car to other potential clients, so, again, to make money. They really don't care that you will wait one more month for your car.

PS: Guess what's the feature I like most now, in the winter :D

Edited by Gabi4

• 1 month later...

I odered my Karoq (2 litre DSG EFdition) on 7 July 2018; delivery expected mid December.  Car delivered to dealer in December.  Now sits at dealers awaiting WLTP Paperwork.

Here we are nearly 2 months down the line and I still have not got my car; Dealer and Skoda UK are as much in the dark as me.  They cannot give me a date for the WLTP Data.

I note that I cannot Specify a 2 litre DSG engine now.

Has anyone got any info about the likelihood of this particular model being wltp cleared?

I've only waited this long because it would be my 5th Skoda and I like the Brand but it looks like they may lose me to a Competitor.

3 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Petrol or diesel? I'm assuming petrol.

The 2.0 TSI 190PS engine was very recently WLTP approved in the Kodiaq.

If the Karoq isn't, then it shouldn't be far away.

Can't yet see the 2.0TSI Kodiaq on https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt-und-innovation/abgas/modelle_mit_euro_6d_temp/ so do you have an alternative (public) source of info Silver?