ACC woes and legal action

I've asked for the codes in an email this morning. We'll see where that gets us.

Legal action is definitely a consideration. It seems to me that the system is either faulty or not fit for purpose. Either way, I don't intend to pay for it long term.

I'll take it to another dealer and get a price for the work. At least now I'm aiming for 340 rather than 450. @Doughnut where did you get yours done for that?

7 hours ago, robski90 said:

I've asked for the codes in an email this morning. We'll see where that gets us.

Legal action is definitely a consideration. It seems to me that the system is either faulty or not fit for purpose. Either way, I don't intend to pay for it long term.

I'll take it to another dealer and get a price for the work. At least now I'm aiming for 340 rather than 450. @Doughnut where did you get yours done for that?

Beadles Aylesford Maidstone. Had the car for two days and checked the wheel geometry as a part of the recalibration.

• Thanks 1

On 07/12/2018 at 12:44, robski90 said:

Not fit for purpose basically, different scenario with me,

Had A new windscreen, because there **** also,  meant lane assist needs recalibrating (done twice as they did it wrong first time) also the acc sensor is checked and signed off with a certificate.

24 hrs later the  acc and lane assist stopped working, as I left the driveway, was on my  way across France, when back in uk, Skoda  said it must of been damaged possibly by kids kicking a football at sensor,  car on my drive, night before I left for France, I still gulp at that , cut a long story short, I refuse to pay 6-700 to replace a sensor that must be very delicate and have it mounted in the most vulnerable place on the car, this is my last skoda also, and next car will have no clever tech, total rip off, hope you fight it more than I did, i refuse to spend any money now at skoda dealers. 

Edited by andyasjl
  • Like 1

With no ACC do you have no (basic) cruise control or speed limiter function too?

Did Skoda show you the physical damage or is it all speculative without proper evidence? The sensor is protected by the plastic cover in the grill and mounted on metalwork set back, so damage would surely be evident on the cover, cracked, broken, bent etc.

Yep ,if no acc working you loose cruise control, very helpful at the start of a 2k trip, 

not sure about speed limter, 

i had a crack appear on the tiny spec of glass at the top of sensor,

it was literally drive home from garage who just sorted the lane assist and acc, all working fine, I park up over night, next morning as I start car up, I get message no acc or lane assist, this is at 4am just about to get on our way to euro tunnel so did not check car, till in France, couldn’t see any obvious damage, so thought I must be the shoddy garage work again, back in uk at skoda, they found tiny crack in glass, if you have the lower acc fitted, go check it out as you need to lay on ground to see the tiny glass sensor, anyway, told me it must of got broken while parked on my drive, possibly by a football!.?

might of been nearer 800 to replace, hence why I left it and will leave skoda at some point.

it was less than 24 hours from getting the certificate to ringing them up asking why it’s not working, and basically told tough luck, **** happens, it broke on my driveway as well....

Edited by andyasjl

The radar sensor is behind a cover that needs to be removed to calibrate it, as you have to measure the distance from the face of the sensor to the reflective "target" placed a set distance in front. 

I'll be calibrating mine tomorrow all being well as I'm gong to see some new to the UK aftermarket kit.  If they have the right parts to do Skoda I'll do mine and get pictures so that you can see what happens.

Basically, for the sensor to be damaged, it has to take a big hit which would have very obvious damage to the grill and cover.

Edited by CoolC

Mine is the lower radar sensor, not the new higher one in the centre of the main grill,, obviously they moved it higher to protect it from damage, but doesn’t help. Those of use with the old version.

its a tiny 5 mm square piece of glass mirror at the top of the sensor, you have to lay down flat and look up to see it, mine had a crack in it rendering my acc and cruise control lane assist dead.

yes let us know how it goes, hope it all works out well.

This is obviously a big problem for many people. It's clearly a not fit for purpose device that skoda are profiting from. 

How many people on here would be with me if I can we're to engage a consumer TV show and further, how many people would sign up to a class action if we went en masse to take them to court over it? 

I would, but I literally can’t prove how it got damaged, all I know is, if there’s a fault with system, it is pinged up on maxidot display, I didn’t have a 

fault warning driving home from the skoda garage who had just adjusted and checked ACC and lane assist, parked on my drive, next morning on engine start up, car hadn’t moved, lost all my safety and driving aids!!. Just bad luck sir, £800 please sir.

i had some on here say, well who needs cruise control anyway, man up! 

As I say,  it was less than 24 hours from leaving the skoda garage,  to ringing them up asking why evething has stopped working.

yes sir, sorry sir, might of been kids kicking a football at it, 800 please sir, can you tell I’m still bitter.....

• Sad 1

The little mirror has nothing to do with the functionality of the sensor, it is just there for alignment during the calibration process (you can buy replacement mirror squares)

Our centre in Dumfries has the equipment to calibrate ACC.

Edited by CoolC

1 hour ago, CoolC said:

The little mirror has nothing to do with the functionality of the sensor, it is just there for alignment during the calibration process (you can buy replacement mirror squares)

Our centre in Dumfries has the equipment to calibrate ACC.

Oh, thankyou for that info, I was told that was why my sensor stopped working, to be honest I still believe the garage did something to it  when they were testing it, the day before it stoppped, anyway your Dumfries centre is only an hour away from home so I might book it in to have someone have a second look at it, could you tell me the name of your centre if possible

cheers

andy