Cornering Lights

westie38

On ‎28‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:35, westie38 said:

I have had a couple of occasions where someone has pulled out in front of me at roundabouts when my left cornering light has come on due to the slight amount of Left turn when entering a roundabout , even though (in my case) I'm taking the 2nd exit. Obviously, I'm not indicating Left at that point, and the other driver(s) is/are at fault, but given the amount of drivers who do not use their indicators in any case, I just thought it's worth a mention given how sensitive  the cornering light operation is and for us to be on aware and on guard against such events.  

Regardless at who's at fault, I wouldn't want anyone crashing in to me then having to sort out the mess afterwards just because they 'thought' I was turning Left. Beware.

Not sure if anyone else has said this but surely a cast-iron excuse to check over your shoulder for anyone in lane 2 and then straight-line the roundabout to avoid the 'slight amount of left turn'? :devil: :D

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Gaz1985 said:

AFAIK reverse lamps and rear indicators are not L.E.D. as standard on any Karoq models, unless you have replaced them? 

In the UK, maybe, but in DK, the only version sold is "Style" with all  LED lighting - inside and out.

@Agerbundsen I cannot comment on the DK spec and I'm not doubting you, however I am pretty sure the UK equivalent of Style is the Edition and the spec sheet also states full L.E.D. lighting, albeit that it's slightly misleading and untrue.

Edited by Gaz1985
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Agerbundsen said:

In the UK, maybe, but in DK, the only version sold is "Style" with all  LED lighting - inside and out.

This has been discussed before, and a request was made for a picture without success.

Skoda UK wrongly claimed the Karoq gets all-LED rear lights. It doesn't.

I suspect Skoda Denmark has been fed the same duff information from the factory.

I cannot reconcile the general mistrust of Skoda UK, and through them, Skoda as a manufacturer. It is not the experience we see here in DK. I have dealt with the same Skoda/VW dealership the last 14 years and owned five Skodas and one T-Roc from the same dealer. All of them, except the Karoq has had some little issue initially, which has been fixed promptly with no fuss, and then the cars have been faultless all the time I have owned them.

I'll believe you if you can post a picture of a Danish Karoq with full LED rear lights. Until then I can only assume Skoda DK is pedalling the same incorrect information as was originally fed to Skoda UK when they were creating all of their sales materials.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I'll believe you if you can post a picture of a Danish Karoq with full LED rear lights. Until then I can only assume Skoda DK is pedalling the same incorrect information as was originally fed to Skoda UK when they were creating all of their sales materials.

I am sorry, but do I give a toss what and whom you believe?

Now, had you asked nicely if I would try to take a pic, it might be different.

19 hours ago, Agerbundsen said:

Except reversing and rear indicator bulbs  ;) 

Same spec is mine

• Like 1

You are correct about the Turkish spec, infant. We have received some Turkish spec. cars here, as there was a surplus of vehicles destined for Turkey, which did not sell due to currency difficulties. I looked at them at the dealer, and they did not have the same equipment as the ones originally destined for DK. This also included different wheel and tyre specifications, as my original wheels were used to equip a car originally destined for Turkey.

Each country market negotiates pricing and detailed spec with the factory, so a "Style" version is not identical in all markets. DK was only assigned a very limited number of both Karoq and Kodiak vehicles, so the decision from the Danish importer was apparently to only sell the high end and very fully specced cars, as they could sell them as a high quality priced alternative to Quashcai as an example.

• Like 1