Help with my new 245 octavia VRS

Hi All,

I will soon be joining the gang as i have a 245 estate VRS ordered on lease which is actually with my local dealer ready for collection. I know it seems silly asking this as what ever i get is end of story but..

So i ordered a VRS estate 245 on lease about 3 weeks ago, no extra's except i paid for the meteor grey colour. I have been reading through various threads and i am confused as to what i will get on the car. As i did not order any extras i presume this car has come from existing stock, not built to specification.

What wheels will i get?

Will i get alacantra seats?

Will i get heated & electric seats?

Sorry for all the questions but i am confused..

Thanks,

Simon

• 3 weeks later...

As the MY18 was £2.5k extra on price, I think you've got buckly's chance on get one on a lease deal, pretty certain you've got a MY19 without the top coat of paint coming straight from stock.

Don't sweat it, it still a nice car but, those seats very comfortable 

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the help, picked it up Tuesday 11th. Got same spec as mentioned above by slideman. Just another confirmation that it came with full twin exhaust system - one of the first things i checked. Dealer guy even said in the car when signing over it would have only 1 exhaust because of the VAG scandle... but trust me it doesnt, i checked..

Any1 else get alot of smoke out the back when flooring it? Also put the back windows down over 50, ear drum rattler..

Thanks anyway guys, loving it.. just not loving the petrol station! 

51 minutes ago, SME999 said:

Dealer guy even said in the car when signing over it would have only 1 exhaust because of the VAG scandle

Then hes a very poor dealer guy, Skoda sent out an updated spec mid October (maybe sooner) with an update showing the single exhaust had been cancelled. To be fair not many are as clued up as owners are (they have more than one car to worry about lol).

Hope you enjoy your new VRS! Picking mine up on monday, factory order with a handful of options!

53 minutes ago, SME999 said:

Any1 else get alot of smoke out the back when flooring it?

Condensation/vapour, yes, under some circumstances but rarely, usually only if I find myself unexpectedly giving it a little squirt before it's properly warmed up.

If it's actually smoking when you put your foot down, take it back, it's broken.

10 minutes ago, Kenai said:

Condensation/vapour, yes, under some circumstances but rarely, usually only if I find myself unexpectedly giving it a little squirt before it's properly warmed up.

If it's actually smoking when you put your foot down, take it back, it's broken.

Seriously? Not black or anything, more like white/clear? you think i should take it in?

1 hour ago, SME999 said:

Hi Guys,

thanks for all the help, picked it up Tuesday 11th. Got same spec as mentioned above by slideman. Just another confirmation that it came with full twin exhaust system - one of the first things i checked. Dealer guy even said in the car when signing over it would have only 1 exhaust because of the VAG scandle... but trust me it doesnt, i checked..

Any1 else get alot of smoke out the back when flooring it? Also put the back windows down over 50, ear drum rattler..

Thanks anyway guys, loving it.. just not loving the petrol station! 

Think yours was the FRIDAY afternoon 245 which they fit the MK1 Fabia Vrs 1.9Tdi engine (130bhp) which does indeed produce copious amounts of the black stuff upon rapid acceleration.:party:

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Think yours was the FRIDAY afternoon 245 which they fit the MK1 Fabia Vrs 1.9Tdi engine (130bhp) which does indeed produce copious amounts of the black stuff upon rapid acceleration.:party:

Now now, why you being like that? Thought we stick together?

7 minutes ago, SME999 said:

Now now, why you being like that? Thought we stick together?

Only if you drive a manual too many SMUG DSG boys on here bragging about launch control and destroying front tyres in less than 9,000 miles. You will get used to my DRY (VERMOUTH) sense of humour.:hi:

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Only if you drive a manual too many SMUG DSG boys on here bragging about launch control and destroying front tyres in less than 9,000 miles. You will get used to my DRY (VERMOUTH) sense of humour.:hi:

Manual here, you got any videos of you car, exhaust, launch, revving? Yours is mapped?

2 hours ago, SME999 said:

Seriously? Not black or anything, more like white/clear? you think i should take it in?

Get someone else outside the car to help you figure out if it's vapour or smoke. It shouldn't smoke at all, a bit of vapour is OK. 

If it's white/clear that sounds more like vapour, you'll notice it less if you let it warm up before driving it hard. 

4 minutes ago, Kenai said:

Get someone else outside the car to help you figure out if it's vapour or smoke. It shouldn't smoke at all, a bit of vapour is OK. 

If it's white/clear that sounds more like vapour, you'll notice it less if you let it warm up before driving it hard. 

warmed up after a 50 mile round trip, i only notice because the the rear window turns into 007 smoke screen. Think im gona have to take it in.

You'll probably find that's just condensation on the rear window from a bit of vapour. It forms quickly and disappears quickly, that's nothing to worry about. 

If you're seeing lingering clouds that don't dissipate behind you that'd be more concerning.

• 4 weeks later...