Looking to make my Mk1 Fabia vRS louder

Greetings everyone! New member here! 

I'm not good with introductions so ill just cut to the chase :P

I have had my Mk1 fabia vRS for a few months now, and its the first car I have ever owned since I'm only 19 :P

But anyway, I'm currently thinking about making my car a bit louder out back, but since money is not flowing my way so much these days, I trying to find out if there is a cheap way to get some more noise out of my zorst! Any suggestions? :) 

Cheers!

Money won't fix it, it's a low-revving turbodiesel so it's never going to sound nice.

You need to wrap your ears around the impossibility of having what you want.

Loud cars are also Plod magnets, that's not smart when you're 19 years old, they'll drive miles to catch you having fun and plaster you with tickets.

• Like 1

You should be a motivational speaker hahahaha ;). But joking aside I'm not looking to make the noise too offending. I just want to hear something different and give the car some sort of change in tone. Not any of that mufflerectomy stuff that people go on about, just a more baritone sound so to speak :)

I've seen a few fabia's with a piper cat back system with and without a downpipe. And I must say they sound pretty decent for a TDI in my opinion. But again its out of my budget so it completely defeats the point of this discussion. Maybe ill wait a bit on the exhaust side of things!

Cheers! :)

16 hours ago, Markg4455 said:

I've seen a few fabia's with a piper cat back system with and without a downpipe. And I must say they sound pretty decent for a TDI in my opinion. But again its out of my budget so it completely defeats the point of this discussion. Maybe ill wait a bit on the exhaust side of things!

Cheers! :)

If you dont wanna spend the money on a proper exhaust system then you could get a muffler delete

Sound pretty much the same as the piper cat backs as they are just straight pieces of pipe.

But as people have said you arent going to get a nice engine note from a derv

I actually completely forgot about that. If I'm not mistaken think a company called hoffmann do one for about 30 quid or something around that ball park :)

Edited by Markg4455

17 hours ago, Markg4455 said:

I actually completely forgot about that. If I'm not mistaken think a company called hoffmann do one for about 30 quid or something around that ball park :)

Sell them on ebay, i got a cat back exhaust for my old fabia for around £115, i think the back box deletes are around £90?

Fit pretty well tbh!

On 06/12/2018 at 14:17, Connorg115 said:

Sell them on ebay, i got a cat back exhaust for my old fabia for around £115, i think the back box deletes are around £90?

Fit pretty well tbh!

Well then there's hope for me yet! :)