New Skoda Scala

Tcots

19 hours ago, Sad555 said:

Can’t wait for the 1.5 tsi!!!!!!!!

At least it has the DSG option

The optional sports suspension is interesting

aws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20190106T165001Z

Edited by SurreyJohn

Skoda / VW Group have to kill off diesels be that manual or DSG.

The co-cked up 3 cylinder 1.4TDI with Euro 6's, then the WLTP and Ad-blue has the 1.6 TDI really not fit for purpose.

Plus the 7 speed twin dry clutch DQ200 DSG with diesels is about as reliable as 'Auto Express' predicting / guessing future models.

Saw new Scala in Vienna, looks amazing! I still believe they will introduce Scala RS in future. I had PRESS entry but no one could sit in car. Except this one gentleman. I drew 4 hours from Zagreb to see it.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Croat said:

Saw new Scala in Vienna, looks amazing! I still believe they will introduce Scala RS in future. I had PRESS entry but no one could sit in car. Except this one gentleman. I drew 4 hours from Zagreb to see it.

I recently saw your review on the Octavia - it was a good watch and helped with my research. I ordered a Superb in the end (yesterday)

• Like 2

Apparently Scala will be first Skoda to be fitted with dynamic indicators (optional)

Scroll to end of this article for info and video

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/company/heritage/watch-out-im-changing-direction/

• Thanks 1

never mind how it drives, how economical it is, what price it is, whether it is a nice place to sit, has enough space for your stuff, just make sure it has those all important fancy indicators!!!

• Haha 1

Am I the only one who just hates how the info system/media screen (call it what you want) looks? I really don't like this trend. It looks like they just glued a tablet on a centre panel? Might as well buy a car without it, buy a cheap 5-10$ tablet holder from aliexpress/ebay and stick your own tablet in the middle, lol. I really preferred that they are built inside the panel.

Edited by JanJan

Looking through the interior photos (and clearly was a top spec version as it has leather / microsuede seating, digital dashboard, DSG, twin USB sockets etc)

Noticed the climate control just appeared to have a mode button, rather than the usual feet, body, screen buttons

Left to Right bottom row is seat heater, mode, rear heated screen, right seat heater

Personally I prefer easy to use buttons rather than scrolling through menus, maybe its just an age thing

On 22/01/2019 at 08:38, SurreyJohn said:

Looking through the interior photos (and clearly was a top spec version as it has leather / microsuede seating, digital dashboard, DSG, twin USB sockets etc)

Noticed the climate control just appeared to have a mode button, rather than the usual feet, body, screen buttons

Left to Right bottom row is seat heater, mode, rear heated screen, right seat heater

Personally I prefer easy to use buttons rather than scrolling through menus, maybe its just an age thing

Not an age thing. Common sense says we should have big easy-to-use buttons for those things we have to - or like to - adjust many times a day.

I hate touch screen adjustment that requires you to be distracted just to find the right screen before you fumble with the right touch button. Form over function is C R A P.

My current motor is pretty well sorted. Only have to fumble for the less used Hot Wheel.

It’ll be a sad day when I lose my temp & volume controls - my co-pilot loves to fiddle with them too :)

ps - as for the whole “put my phone apps all over my car screen” WTF.  A lot of drivers struggle with the basics of day to day car control without these distractions 

Edited by BoxerBoy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/12/2018 at 09:37, SurreyJohn said:

Not Required:

electric handbrake

Cruise control

I get what you're saying, thought doubt it will ever happen, but was surprised with these two inclusions on your "not required" list.

Surely both of these offer an advantage for the older driver? An electronic handbrake is much less physical to engage and disengage so easier for people with mobility issues/arthritis/general physical weakness. And likewise, a function like cruise control which means you don't have to keep your foot depressed on a pedal which can be tiring for many people's legs, and even more so ACC where physical input is required even less?

• 2 weeks later...

More on Scala infotainment- new generation (step on from the one in Karoq), Skoda’s words not mine on link

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/innovation/connectivity/new-generation-connectivity-takes-to-the-stage/

No idea what the shop icon does, order a new wiper blade, or  a pint of milk, perhaps

Edited by SurreyJohn

5 minutes ago, BoxerBoy said:

Gee.  Got up to almost 31,000 Euros for a nice one.

Won't sell many at that price. But as with the Rapid, our local dealer had a sales target for the quarter of one unit, which is another overpriced Skoda product.

Per news story 28/2/19 on Skoda UK website

Scala will be launched onto market beginning of 2nd Quarter (presumably April)

https://www.skoda.co.uk/news/details/skoda-appears-electric-smart-innovative-and-emotive-at-geneva-motor-show

Extra info added to Skoda UK website

Scala S

Trim highlights:

• LED daytime running lights

• 16" Alaris alloy wheels

• DAB Radio and Bluetooth

• Lane assist

From £16,595

Scala SE

Trim highlights over S:

• 8” touchscreen infotainment

• SmartLink+