Both front heated seats are not working

Now the weather is getting colder the leather on my 2013 Superb Estate CR 170 needs warming up.

Neither seat responds to the switches in the dash controller.

I've run RossTech diagnostics with the VCDS software but no fault codes appear.

The fuses are fine.

The left passenger well became damp in the summer when the heater intake was blocked by leaves, this has been fully dried for a few months now.

I've taken out both seats but can't see where the controller is positioned.

Is there a module to interrogate in the VCDS which may manually test the heaters ?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Passenger seats out, its clear that the carpet needs lifting to get access to the control unit as its covered by a wiring harness tray. 

I've deferred for now as the carpets tightly fitted under the surrounding trim.

Before I go any further I've rechecked the fuses which seem fine. 

However in on the last row of the fuses at the side of the dash there is a location 46 which has no fuse fitted, its described as "switch for seat heating" and has a symbol showing information in drivers manual. 

I've checked but can't find any reference to it.

As far a s the autoscan goes's its showing no faults in the log.

I've searched to find the module in the scanner which gives more access to the heated seat system but had no joy.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Superb 2 from 2010  - retrofitted electric seats with heating (only front heated).

Had to place 1 new fuse (20A). Located in the fuse box. Added all needed wiring. Needed to change the coding on the car.

1 wire from each seat (2 wires total) go to the climatronic unit. 1 wire goes to the car ECU.

ECU for the heating is located under the seat (LHD car, under drivers seat). Only 1 module for both seats.

I had to remove the seat and door trim in order to lift the carpet enough to fit the heating ECU. This ECU has to be slid into position from the bottom. I could not fit it without first removing the entire black plastic mounting frame. It does get 'stuck' on a wiring harness gutter, this can be moved by pulling upwards. Don't know if the RHD Superb have this ECU fitted different.

Ater retrofitting, I had to enable the heated seats with VCDS. Check if your coding is ok. Think I changed a value in the climatronic ECU but don't remember the exact setting.

If your coding and fuse are OK, check the heated seats ECU connector for corrosion. Seen a few pics where water got into this connector and caused bad connections.