Strange Electrical Problems

After a year of driving my Octavia with no problems I came across something strange tonight. 

I was giving my wife and friend a lift when halfway through the journey I started to get a warning that the boot was open. This was happening repeatedly every few seconds with audible beeps. I got the car home and when I tried to lock the car up I noticed the dashboard displaying the boot open whilst the interior rear lights were flashing and the hazard light. I tried doing a factory reset on the controls

I then tried switching the interior lights on and off and I had a quick check of the battery under the bonnet. After closing the bonnet the car suddenly was fine. I texted my wife who says that she had switched on the interior lights at the back just before the problems started. Do you think this sounds like an electrical short and should I take it in under warranty to be looked at?

any comments or thoughts appreciated 

Cheers

Moribund 

I've just had a problem with the boot open warning going off most days, which took several visits to fix.

Dealer replaced the boot lock, which is a known problem apparently, but problem kept coming back. Eventually they replaced the rear wiper motor as part of it was leaking washer fluid, which was soaking into the boot trim/electrics behind.

40 minutes ago, Cymru Blackline said:

I've just had a problem with the boot open warning going off most days, which took several visits to fix.

Dealer replaced the boot lock, which is a known problem apparently, but problem kept coming back. Eventually they replaced the rear wiper motor as part of it was leaking washer fluid, which was soaking into the boot trim/electrics behind.

Sounds very unlucky there. Must have took some finding.

Tonight is the first problem I’ve had with this warning and I’m convinced it’s electrical rather than anything to do with the boot itself.