Cruise Control stopped working

mogwye

7 hours ago, mogwye said:

My Cruise Control has stopped working, what might have happened - Any help gratefully appreciated.

DB.

Pretty much what BigJohn has said.

Brake light switch is easy to check: Do the lights come on?

Unsure as to whether cheap ELM327 interfaces will dig deep enough to get CC codes.

One thing I have found with mine is that the "SET/SPEED DOWN" button is "gummy". Oils and cack from fingers end up inside and can make performance unreliable. Electrical contact cleaner might be of use.

Brake lights are working OK.

If it's the clutch position sensor, it feels no different from previous use, what else does this sensor serve ?

My laptop is currently in for repair so I cannot check with VCDS.

Is there a fuse that may be causing the problem, if so which one ?

DB.

Edited by mogwye

On 10/12/2018 at 16:19, mogwye said:

If it's the clutch position sensor, it feels no different from previous use, what else does this sensor serve ?

As well as kicking off the cruise I think it's used to avoid over-revving if you dip the clutch. Investigating further I think it's still a switch on the MKI 

Brake light switch is an easy / cheap fix. They can fail with time so worth doing/trying anyway.  Google how to fit - but it's easy.