60plate vRS runs poorly

Afternoon guys,

I recently bought a 60plate petrol vRS. It has started running a bit lumpy and hesitates as i put my foot down. I haven't got access to VCSD but have a Carista, and have no error codes popping up. The problems started when cold and went away once the engine got to temp, but its doing it all the time now. You can feel the odd hesitation when the car is cruising in higher gears too. 

This morning I unplugged the MAF sensor and the car 'seemed' to run slightly better, but it didn't clear it up completely. I plugged the sensor back in and it has come back after 10miles or so.

I'm not really sure what I should be checking here. spark plugs? coil packs? MAF sensor??

thanks

Michael.

Full VCDS scan would be a good place to start.

You can search for location of members back in the VCDS forum under Briskoda.

If you want to start guessing replacing Coil Packs and plugs would be as good a place as any to start.

• 3 months later...

Did this ever get fixed? - Mine is doing the same thing its rough on a cold start. The car under load around 2k revs the car has a hesitation or stutter and then picks up the power. 

Maf has been changed also, this has really only been an issue since the RAM air induction kit fitting. 

On 25/03/2019 at 07:34, RS939 said:

Did this ever get fixed? - Mine is doing the same thing its rough on a cold start. The car under load around 2k revs the car has a hesitation or stutter and then picks up the power. 

Maf has been changed also, this has really only been an issue since the RAM air induction kit fitting. 

The car still doesn't run properly, seems to have gotten better in warmer weather. Only seems to be a problem in the cold weather really so it hasn't really been a priority of late. I'll eventually get round to replacing sparks/MAF/coilpacks before winter anyway so hopefully that will cure it.

Thanks for the update. Mine is in having a new Thermostat as the engine has never got to half way so that could be related, also its going to have new Coil Packs and Spark Plugs, Interestingly you say yours is worse with the cold weather mine appears to be the same.