Engine head swap ?

Hi all finally the engine let go and think the cam belt went at low revs . on my octavia vrs 2.0 petrol 06 plate ... im contemplating having an engine replacement or swapping the heads over from a doner engine . i can buy a bwa engine complete to change the heads over question is this are all bwa engines the same apart from the ancillaries bolted on ? leek from the mk5 golf etc can i use the head on my octavia thanks in advance . or has anyone an engine or head for sale ? thanks

57 minutes ago, Bignickjnr said:

i can buy another engine that had the oil pump chain go will this affect the head ? maybe i should buy it to repair as its lower mileage ? and cheap ?

i would not even think about buying that engine, any loss of oil pressure in any engine is a disaster and will be big money to put right

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bignickjnr said:

i can buy another engine that had the oil pump chain go will this affect the head ? maybe i should buy it to repair as its lower mileage ? and cheap ?

This is what caused my engine to give way, oil pressure dropped but no error lights and didn't notice a drop in performance, then the rattle kicked in and it was done. 

Yes you can fit the golf seat BWA into your skoda just different bilt on bits and poss different drivers Side engine mounting, do not buy an eng8ne that lost its oil pressure trust me don’t, it’s easy to swap a complete engine over then do the head daft I no but the whole front end of the skoda bolts off so makes things easier