Kodiaq rear view camera coding

KScout

Help please

I have fitted the Skoda official rear view camera to my Kodiaq with the latest Columbus screen.

Took it to local (Liverpool) Skoda dealer to get it coded but they could not connect to the camera. My fault, I had not got any power to camera. Fixed that and rechecked wiring. Back into dealer but they still could not connect to camera. I have checked my wiring three times since. I do not have a great deal of confidence in the dealer, they have never done the coding before.  Can anyone help? 

Gizmo thanks for the reply. I am totally new to Skoda/VW world of coding. The dealer just kept saying they could not connect to the camera. I have no knowledge of the can bus - I’m a mechanical engineer.

Can you suggest somewhere where they understand Skoda coding.

Thanks. Ken

Try @Wardy (I have tagged him so he sees this post)

It’s dead easy to see if they have added 6C to the CAN gateway (you need VCDS etc to do this though).

Any decent tech would know this... however not all ‘techs’ are decent!

Edited by Gizmo

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, Yakir18988 said:

Hello friends, could someone give me a guide on how to encode a rear view camera skoda kodiaq With the software vcds?

Can you add some detail?

An autoscan from VCDS and what camera (highline/lowline) you installed would be a good starting point :)