Armundsun update glitch?

Hi,

I've just updated my satnav to the 19/20 version via the portal and it's now showing 2 speed limits on the map? Where it's 70 it shows 70 and above it 60 etc, anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance

Is it because when you are towing a trailer or a caravan you are limited to 60mph even on a 70mph motorway and dual carriageway?

When on a single carriageway de-restricted road does it show 60mph and 50mph and only one figure when on 50mph roards and below?

Great answer Liger1956 thanks, so far (only done one journey once update) on a 50 road it shows only 50 on a dual carriageway it showed both, is there any way of turning the towing figure off?

Cheers

On 10/12/2018 at 18:57, DRSSkoda said:

Great answer Liger1956 thanks, so far (only done one journey once update) on a 50 road it shows only 50 on a dual carriageway it showed both, is there any way of turning the towing figure off?

Cheers

It's at the bottom of one of the menus in the sat nav settings (map options I think); you need to scroll down to bottom as the list is long enough to not be displayed on the screen all at once.

I tried enabling and disabling it, but it made no difference, however a logical call from Liger1956 to check.

I took a glance at the screen when a single carriageway opened up into a dual carriageway, and sure enough the symbols changed from 50 & 60 to 60 & 70.

Normal 30 & 40mph zones still display correctly, and there's no symbol shown on the motorway.

I guess it's another case of not always blindly relying on satnav...watch the roads and use common sense :cool:

cheers Cubbington, 

I have now gone back to the previous update which works ok but not an ideal scenario, I'll wait for the next update to see if that's better, I have nothing on motorways either even on the original maps? and don't even get me started on the useless traffic alerts...

You're welcome DRSSkoda,

Fully understand you going back to the old working maps.

I'm happy to keep the new ones on there - I hired an 18 plate Passat at Edinburgh airport a couple of weeks ago and it's maps were dated as 2017, it didn't have the new bypasses heading north, and showed I was driving off road for some time, whilst doing some terrible route calculations on a 600 mile jaunt across Scotland and the north!

With regards to the traffic alerts, I've subscribed to the online services and connect my phone via wifi hotspot to the car, and then traffic updates are superb, and the rerouting to avoid starts to work properly...very much like Google maps traffic with green, amber & red colours overlayed on the map to indicate traffic status.

I guess it depends on how much mileage you do, and how often you go to new places...for me it's worth it to keep it up to date, and pay the £40/year subscription to the online services.

Cheers,

Nick

Edited by Cubbington
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DRSSkoda said:

don't even get me started on the useless traffic alerts...

This is a long standing problem that affects every sat nav which uses the TMC data for traffic alerts, so it's not a Skoda problem.

TMC UK traffic

The TMC data is provided by INRIX and Trafficmaster (used by VAG) and transmitted by many FM radio stations, but is very often hours out of date which makes it less than helpful at times - but compared to France it's reasonably accurate (I have personal experience of TMC data in France being ONE YEAR out of date).

• Like 1