Tips: Felicia Tips

ColinD

• 8 months later...

Being the owner of a '98 Felicia estate, I have a few tips for you all to ponder - mostly these are cosmetic, but all are cheap!

Headrest covers, available from ebay, can help to cheer the interior up (unless you like grey...)

I've changed the headlight bulbs, as the originals were puny. This is a definite improvement, as i now can see where I am going. I suggest xenon bulbs, along with getting the headlights adjusted.

I also found the 1.3mpi engine was a touch weak, so I got rid of the airbox and fitted an induction filter. This helps to improve the acceleration slightly, and gives the engine a throaty roar - very nice!:thumbup:

I hope these are some use to you all, and if anyone has any ideas on how to improve the handling of my estate cheaply, please let me know!

• 1 month later...

I found the thermostat housing on the 1.6MPI engine a very poor design...

Modified the housing to be assembled with 40mm M6 bolts and nuts in place of the weak self-tappers hanging on to the plastic helicoils!!

Simply drill the plastic housing with a 6mm drill bit, then the 2 halves of the housing go together a lot more securely!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

If you have the grundig radio cassette the wiring to add an aux input is in the radio handbook. A few crimp tags and an old headphone cable and I had direct MP3 i/p. I dropped the cable down the back of the radio and the player sat in the centre console (remove the ashtray for extra access during fitting). You do need the radio removal tools and the handbook! I can post pictures from the manual if needed but I've just moved from the 99 Felicia to to a 52 Fabia so I can't look at how I did it.

DaveF

About 70K miles I started getting the engine stalling when coming out of overrun (ie when declutching after engine braking). Easy to bump it back but loss of PAS and brake servo was nasty. Garage quoted 200/300+VAT for a new throttle body which they weren't sure would fix it. Got them to fix a scrap throttle body (a few bolts could have done it myself) and all as good as new!

DaveF