Wiring diagram for swirl flap motor.

Earlier this year I had the P2015 code leading to swirl flaps opening further than they should due to the stopper wearing away. Car is on 167,000 so was expected some stage.

Now I've fitted the diesel geeks part which is working a treat but would rather if the whole thing didn't operate at all and just stay stuck open.

So has or can anyone find me a wiring diagram for the swirl flap motor on a cr tdi please or similar.

The mercedes boys have found a way to fit a resistor into the plug of swirl flap motor to make the ecu think all is ok and not going into limp mode.

Without any power to the swirl flaps, they stay open. Problem I got I don't know which 2 wires to bridge on the plug hence the wiring diagram needed.

Mercedes only have a 3 wired plug, VW have 5.

Any help appreciated thanks.

Video below of the mercedes hack, skip t 5m10s to wear he explains the fix.

Edited by Kris82

1 hour ago, Wino said:

@Kris82 Knowing your car's engine code would make it massively easier to find the info you are after. Date of manufacture would be helpful too.

As it says in my signature, this can be found on the car's data sticker.

It’s the CEGA engine 2010 2.0 cr tdi vrs 

thanks

OK, here's the pinout:

pin 1 yellow/grey wire +5V supply

pin 2 purple/black wire position signal to engine ECU pin 27

pin 3 brown/green wire earth/0V

pin 4 brown/green wire, flap motor negative to ECU pin 35

pin 5 red/green wire, flap motor positive to ECU pin 50

The position feedback potentiometer uses the first 3 pins, the voltage on pin 2 will vary with flap position within the range 0-5V, possibly a narrower range within that scope.

I'd expect fault codes to be generated if there's a mismatch between what the motor is trying to achieve in terms of flap position, and what the feedback signal from the potentiometer does.

Edited by Wino
various corrections

Brilliant thankyou very much. Now I need to research which 2 pins I need to bridge, I'm assuming it's pin 2 and either 1 or 3?