VRS front suspension creaking when turning?

My 16 plate vrs has developed quite a loud creaking/groaning that you can feel through the car when turning the steering wheel at low speeds and stand still ?

Have any of you had this issue before and if so what was the cause ?

Regards

Steve

Cheers,

Ive got it booked into my local dealer as its still under warranty !

I thought i had seen a post and maybe even relied to it it about a similar issue that turned out to be a top mount failure.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Cheers,

Ive got it booked into my local dealer as its still under warranty !

I thought i had seen a post and maybe even relied to it it about a similar issue that turned out to be a top mount failure.

Interested to see how you get on with this if you would keep us posted thanks 

54 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Thanks for that Renton, I thought if you had the Pre FL 230 it might have been the Fancy front diff. Mine busted and had to be replaced. Same symptoms you described 

Ha unfortunately not ! 

It does sound like a top mount that's gone to me.  

Hopefully be covered under warranty as the car is still in that period. 

3 hours ago, encephalopathy said:

it may be that some of the mounts/bushings need re-lubed - much cheaper than bits needing replaced :)

This is a method of maintenance but IMO shouldn't be a long term fix.

Your description is identical to mine (MY16 pre-FL) RS (Australian delivered)

Apparently it's a known/common issue with the dealers here - something about insufficient grease in the lower control arm bushes, if i remember correctly. Or something similar to that.
Mine sounded like a 1970's Valiant, just turning corners slowly in my housing estate - creaking and groaning and the occassional clicking noise.
The dealer "said" the fixed the issue, by applying more suspension grease, but it hasn't fully fixed it, so they either didn't do the fix correctly, or there's another issue in play here.
Asking them to re-check at the next service, coz it's annoying as f*** on a 2yr old car.

• Thanks 1