Mk3 Octavia vrs tsi 220, remap

Jensonvrs

Who are people using for remapping their cars? Do I got apr/revo which are £800-£1000 or go for someone like Celtic tuning/quantum tuning who are around the £300 Mark? Is it worth going for the big money ones or are the cheaper ones just as good?

46 minutes ago, Jensonvrs said:

Who are people using for remapping their cars? Do I got apr/revo which are £800-£1000 or go for someone like Celtic tuning/quantum tuning who are around the £300 Mark? Is it worth going for the big money ones or are the cheaper ones just as good?

I have used AmD in Grays, Essex many times and their custom maps are very smooth, 100% reliable and you can even pay 10% deposit (£50 down) and balance of £450 over 12 months interest free (£37.49 per month). Your car should see 270-280bho and 440-450NM of torque and best contact is Ben who really knows what he's doing. They have a 750bhp rolling road onsite and you get before /after laminated print out. Top guys and highly recommend them. Quite a few Briskoda members have used them also, all seem to be happy with their work. Telephone (01708) 861827.:biggrin:They recommend using either Tesco Momentum or Shell V-Power Nitro for best results (both 99 octane).

Edited by shyVRS245
missing words

Revo stage 1 is £599 including VAT. Or it was last time I checked. 

vRS 220 quoted at roughly 315-330bhp Stage 1. 

Not sure if the map is as smooth as Shark’s used to be. Would welcome any others’ views. 

Tempted by Revo mainly because my Indy is a Revo outlet. So if I have any issues, I know I will be in good hands. 

Edited by dunc69

I'm in the same dilemma at the moment and I have a Revo, APR and AMD dealers all very close to me and Celtic Tuning as well, so just need to decided on what to do and which way to go. They all quote 300-320bhp so they are probably all pretty much the same and every car is different so its going to be subjective and probably whoever will do me the best deal.

3 minutes ago, Jensonvrs said:

Chris245 I live no where near any off them apart for Celtic tunning who are £360 all in and come to yours house. And offer a 12 month warranty. But I don't know who has used them before

According to their website there is dealers close by to me ubt says to contact HQ, so could be an "out to you" remote process.

• 3 weeks later...

Where are you based in Surrey @Jensonvrs ?

Revo Dealer JKM (they do our rolling road days) are in Portsmouth.

Personally I'm going to get my mk2 fl done by Richard at oscarli as above once I've got the tyres sorted out.

I also know of a tuner in Dorking. He did my 1.9tdi but I can't speak for his other tuning work. I was very happy with the result.

Edited by bspman

• 1 month later...
On 29/12/2018 at 16:50, dunc69 said:

Revo vRS 220 quoted at roughly 315-330bhp Stage 1. 

Be very careful ion quoted figures, not all rollers read right (bar bragging rights)

Seen a Revo stage 1 on a Mk3 230pfl roll 307 bhp on the heartbreak rollers at JKM Portsmouth, twas running V Power which is said to be down 1% compared to Momentum 

Edited by themanwithnoaim

On 31/12/2018 at 12:22, Chris245 said:

I'm in the same dilemma at the moment and I have a Revo, APR and AMD dealers all very close to me and Celtic Tuning as well, so just need to decided on what to do and which way to go. They all quote 300-320bhp so they are probably all pretty much the same and every car is different so its going to be subjective and probably whoever will do me the best deal.

@Chris245 Revo at JKM are great but, APR at The Phirm are outta this world

Best I can say about Celtic is that they are cheap