Start & Stop with DSG short lag on start

Loranox

I do often in a DSG. 

Especially last night on icy roads for decelerating.  Across to manual and leave the brakes alone. Back and fore from D to M & shift, and sometimes back from D to S when off the throttle for slowing down.

Edited by Skoffski

I just touch the accelerator when the vehicles ahead move forward. The delay of engine start is minuscule. Light touch on the throttle minimises the clunk as it moves off. Keep a good distance and don’t exceed speed limits. Makes for a more relaxed drive. In heavy traffic what’s  the point of a fast start from the lights? Try the Economy mode and adjust your driving style to suit. 

DSG transmission is not a fluid torque converter, It has electro mechanical operated clutches. With a lead foot you will get a clunk. 

• Confused 1

You get Twin Dry Clutch DSG or Wet Clutch DSG and you can go drive on 1/4 mile strip or sprinting or just to the traffic light grand prix with there needed to be any clunk.

If you have a clunky DSG then maybe find out way.

As to Traction Control / ASR,  you maybe want that off, and also good tyres fitted.

On 01/01/2019 at 10:03, silver1011 said:

The steering wheel trick has already been suggested.

I've got into the routine of turning stop/start off after starting the engine.

No need to try and second guess when the car in front will move off, or the traffic lights will change. No jerkiness or lag, no reduction in Climatronic performance, reduced degradation of the battery. Less engine wear. The only slight disadvantage is the slightly shinier button on the dash.

Sorry I missed the previous post ref the steering wheel....my bad!!  ;-)

• Like 1