2007 Octavia Issues with DSG Gearbox?

Hello All and Happy New Year,

I hope you will be able to help me. My beloved Octavia started having issues whilst driving - the engine was revving and the car was jerking, as if someone was pressing the clutch and then immediately de-clutched. This is 07 Octavia 1.9 diesel with DSG gearbox and I never had any issues with it before.

I took the car to my local garage who said diagnostics was showing that gearbox filter needs replacing (I have done major Skoda service in Aug 2016 with gbox oil replacement) and they also found that the gbox oil was dark.

They replaced the gbox oil and filter but this is still happening according to mechanic who test-drove it. The mechanic also suggested replacing the fuel filter (alternative is that this will be very, very expensive repair of the gbox). Would you recommend to replace the fuel filter as well? Did any of you had similar issues? Any help and suggestions are very welcome. I will also mention car has 147k mileage and has mostly been serviced with Skoda.

Thanks

Depends when the fuel filter was last done, they are pretty cheap to rule out it being an issue. I'd expect it to cause issues when using more power than just reversing...

Do you know if genuine VAG oil was used in the gearbox? I only ask as I'm pretty sure others have reported issues when using non-genuine oil.

Hi langers2k,

As far as I am concerned, it was genuine oil as I did major service at the local Skoda garage. I have also only made about 28k miles since so not sure what caused this and also why oil turned black as reported by my garage.

Another thing is that when this happened first time the car was in second gear. When I switched to overdrive, the car drove OK and then after I parked for a short while, it started revving an jerking in both, auto and overdrive.