Tsi Citigo

SkodadriverNI

It's the same engine in terms of the block and head. I did hear some mutterings of there being modifications to the bulkhead to allow the turbo to fit but from what i've seen there's plenty of room. All the engine mounts are the same though.

10 hours ago, Vitas said:

It's the same engine in terms of the block and head.

Cylinder head? How could it be the same when TSI is direct injection and MPI inject to intake manifold. 

5 hours ago, Emil said:

Cylinder head? How could it be the same when TSI is direct injection and MPI inject to intake manifold. 

I know cylinder head and pistons are different for the lower compression and direct injection. What I was trying to get across was that the general dimensions of just the engine are the same

Is this something you would do, find the engine, fit it, sort out the engine management etc?

If you are paying someone else you might as well trade in your car for a quicker one, or just wait to overtake when there are a bit more safe distance to do it.

Or get a remap for starters and get a little more oomph.

It's not plug and play but might be doable. I have both at the moment, Citigo and up! TSI. A/C pipes are routed differently for example. So you might need more than just an engine. I don't know if gearbox is different but gearing surely is.

• 2 weeks later...