Hi All,

I've noticed that my Felicia has a much better throttle response and more OOMPH when just starting out on a trip from cold.

Is it normal to get a reduction in performance as it warms up and is there a way of maintaining the snappy cold performance without harming the motor? I was wondering if a cold air induction system was available as a straight replacement for the existing air filter/box?

My old Metro GTi went like a bat out of hell when I fitted a K&N induction kit but does this sort of modification lend itself to the humble Felicia?

Cheers !

What engine is in the felicia? 1.6 or 1.3 MPI/SPI? and if its 1.3 do you know is it the 136b or the dreaded 135 engine?

I only know the 1.3 engines!

With the 1.3 they do take in cold engine from the front of the car instead of the engine bay. Performance can be enhanced by using a K+N filter element. A decat pipe is handy on the 1.3 engines this literally adds 10% more power without any other modifications!

If the vehicle is SPI then new plugs leads etc can be usefull a new airfilter every once in a while can help as well. With MPI change and correctly gap the plugs. Tappets can cause power loss when warm as well, If the tappets are set bang on when cold then when things heat up and expand the valves open to early and you start to lose compression!

Ideally on the 1.3 engines you want a K+N element inside the standard airbox, and you want no catalytic converter you want to remove the centre box from the exhaust and weld in a straight section of pip instead and try to find something along the lines of a janspeed back box. All of that together helps the car no end. Without spending big money.