Superb has gone

After 18 months I have traded in my L&K 280 for a Seat Toledo. I can say that the Superb has never missed a heartbeat being supremely comfortable, reliable, powerful and great fun. Ultimately I found it just too big and the wife was reluctant to drive it. I first asked the question on this forum about two years ago as to whether a guy of my vintage should be buying such a powerful car and the consensus of opinion was GO FOR IT! I took the advice and have enjoyed the 18 months of my "old age crisis" but I have recovered now. One thought comes back to me however and that was the opinion of one car salesman. When I told him my motoring needs and said that I was considering a Superb 280 he said that that car was exactly the car I did not need to fulfil them!!! Trading the Superb in for the Toledo did have one unique positive though and that is that I got a brand new car and the dealer put money into my bank account!  That is a first.Still have an interest in this forum and I shall continue to follow it. Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, freelunch said:

The Seat's a VAG car, so you're still in the family. How many ponies? Or did that come down in size, too? :D

If you mean bhp/ps then 108/110 and 200NM 3 pot TSI which seems to suit the Toledo very well.

If I had seen your original posts when considering the 280 I would probably been one of those saying it was afine car but was it what you needed.

Not always easy for some to accept that less can be more when it is better suited to your requirements and budget.

Post your opinion of your new car when you have lived with it for a while.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, freelunch said:

The Seat's a VAG car, so you're still in the family. How many ponies? Or did that come down in size, too? :D

The Toledo is actually a Skoda clone with it and its twin the Skoda Rapid being made in the same Skoda factory.

I drove a 3cyl Seat in the city for a day some time ago, got less than 20mpg. Vibrates like an ancient diesel engine. I'd take the 280 any day over a car with that ridiculous engine. Sorry about your wife lol.

• Like 2

You may well miss the big beast a lot as the days roll on .... I sold my Grey 280 Sportline last November as part of a 'family vehicle rationalisation' process ( no rationality on my part) and ended up with a 1.5 tsi Karoq Edition ( DSG not a 'Skippy') .   One month later ,  it was gone and I'm now back in a Moon White 280 Sportline  :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

You may well miss the big beast a lot as the days roll on .... I sold my Grey 280 Sportline last November as part of a 'family vehicle rationalisation' process ( no rationality on my part) and ended up with a 1.5 tsi Karoq Edition ( DSG not a 'Skippy') .   One month later ,  it was gone and I'm now back in a Moon White 280 Sportline  :biggrin:

3 hours ago, Boxerdog1 said:

Always that danger!