Anyone upgraded suspension and brakes?

2007 1.9tdi Sport

Hi Guys 
I just bought my first Skoda and it's great, go VAG! 

I was wondering if anyone had upgraded the brakes or the suspension. 
I'm struggling to get used to the suspension in particular. I find the steering is very sharp so I get a lot of over steer around corners and roundabouts. I also get a lot of body roll like I'm on the Titanic. I appreciate the suspension is pretty high but some times I feel like I'm holding on for dear life around corners and I can feel the wheels digging in. 
Has anyone tried changing the springs or lowering it for better handling?
Regarding the brakes. I feel like they may not be big enough to handle the weight of the car , and I get shudder on the steering wheel when braking hard. Bear in mind I got the car on Sunday so I have yet to check the condition of the brakes and discs. It may just be that. I already know the hand brake probably only works about at 30% of what it should. 
Thanks in advance. 

Welcome.

Have you checked and set the tyre pressures yet, and what are the tyres on the car?

Best check the brakes, service them, maybe get the brake fluid changed.

Then see just what the suspension is that is on now, has it had any new parts recently, is the condition good or does it need replacing soon rather than later.

Lots of cars that might interest you in the Fabia Project section that will show what others have done with suspension and brakes.

• Thanks 1

I put a set of Bilstein B6 shocks on my wife’s vRS and then a set of 20mm eibach lowering springs. It has transformed the handling and whilst it would be great on a smooth road or track, it is terrible over speed bumps. Max 10mph or you need your dentist on speed dial. I’m going to be changing the springs back to standard to see if that makes it any better. 

• 1 month later...

Hi sorry for late reply,we have just fitted the vogtland sport spring and damper  kit to my 08 sport 1.9tdi and it has transformed the car,it sits nicer and the ride quality is better than than the tired old original.You do feel the pot holes slightly more but the handling trade off i feel is worth it.You WILL need to make sure your brakes are all up to spec as you will be travelling faster than you think.