H8 Led Fog Light Problem

Hello dears,

Today I have changed my H8 fog ligts bulb to led one, light and lumen was great but I've got an error code, do you have any advice what can I do for solving this problem.

Options:

1)  Vcds coding (if it is possible)

2) Try to use load resistor about 40-50w

3) Buy a new led fog light bulb suitable for can-bus

Thabk you so much.

My h8 fog light bulbs :

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2x-H8-H11-30W-CREE-LED-High-Power-Pure-White-6000K-Fog-Tail-Headlight-Bulbs-Auto/32566731161.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.38b84c4dkAZu1i

The load resistor for h8 bulb

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HAMBODER-2X-H8-H11-LED-DRL-Fog-Light-Canbus-50W-Load-Resistor-Error-Free-Decoder-Cancel/32892991706.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.7f534c4dXEl9ga

Sory for my english.

IMG_20190117_144155-min.jpg

IMG_20190117_144207-min.jpg

IMG_20190117_170943-min.jpg

IMG_20190117_233043-min.jpg

Personally, I'd look for a CANBUS suitable bulb as it'd probably save you a fair bit of trouble, being - in theory - plug and play with no errors.

Edited by ethel

Please stop talking about 'CAN-BUS' compatible: CAN-BUS has nothing to do with it. Pretty much every car built since the late '90s has CAN-BUS in it.

The error is with the bulb-out warning system because the electrical load needed by the LED bulb is much smaller than the halogen bulb and this is detected as an error. It may be possible to recode the control module to accept a lower wattage bulb but I'm not familiar enough with lighting stuff to be sure. Someone here will be able to guide you better than me.

Indeed - perhaps what I meant to refer to more accurately was an off the shelf LED bulb with the built in resistance capable of fooling the car's brain into believing a higher wattage bulb is fitted, thus saving the OP the hassle of wiring in a resistor himself.

• Like 2

I have ordered 50w h8 load resistor, I will try it and write there soon. 

If someone looking canbus friendly led fog light should look that link 

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/biHBM3OY

I have realized that there was a load resistor with the stuff and find the resistor in that link 

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/wMBHZr6

I am also going to change my H8 halogen fog to H8 LED. Should i choose cree LED or COB or SPOT (newest thingy) with fans? Btw, did you change maybe H7 main beam to some LED? I am pretty satiafied with bixenon and H7 together so probably it has no sense changing H7 to LED...

8 hours ago, chimaera said:

Please stop talking about 'CAN-BUS' compatible: CAN-BUS has nothing to do with it. Pretty much every car built since the late '90s has CAN-BUS in it.

The bulb monitoring system is intrinsically linked to the CAN-Bus, so referring to the bulbs as being CAN-Bus compatible, or CAN-Bus friendly is perfectly acceptable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

The bulb monitoring system is intrinsically linked to the CAN-Bus, so referring to the bulbs as being CAN-Bus compatible, or CAN-Bus friendly is perfectly acceptable.

No it isn't. There were bulb out warning systems in cars before CAN-BUS.

CAN-BUS is the communications bus that the different control modules use to talk to each other. It's got nothing at all to do with the bulb out warning system other than the lighting controller might use it to send a message to the dash to light up the warning lamp if that's how the car is configured.

Yes it is. We're not talking about other cars, we're talking about the MkII Superb.

The CECM is linked to the CAN-Bus. The CAN-Bus connects all the various modules across the car. Both are reliant upon each other, without one or the other the bulb monitoring system wouldn't work as intended.

To retrofit LED bulbs, HID kits, or any other electrical lighting load outside of the bulb monitoring systems parameters they need to be 'CAN-Bus Friendly', a common term to describe lighting components with built-in capabilities that fool the CAN-Bus into thinking the regular bulbs are fitted.

You said it yourself, the CECM relies upon the CAN-Bus to control the blown bulb warning on the dash.

ethel's post was completely relevant...

image.png.99a409ffceac2ced86a1f6cb988c68f9.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

Yes it is. We're not talking about other cars, we're talking about the MkII Superb.

The CECM is linked to the CAN-Bus. The CAN-Bus connects all the various modules across the car. Both are reliant upon each other, without one or the other the bulb monitoring system wouldn't work as intended.

To retrofit LED bulbs, HID kits, or any other electrical lighting load outside of the bulb monitoring systems parameters they need to be 'CAN-Bus Friendly', a common term to describe lighting components with built-in capabilities that fool the CAN-Bus into thinking the regular bulbs are fitted.

You said it yourself, the CECM relies upon the CAN-Bus to control the blown bulb warning on the dash.

ethel's post was completely relevant...

image.png.99a409ffceac2ced86a1f6cb988c68f9.png

No, no, no.

The reason low-wattage bulbs cause problems has nothing the f**k to do with how the car's control modules talk to each other. It's irrelevant.

The behaviour will be identical in any car that has a bulb out warning system: the lighting system detects inconsistent current draw and raises a warning to alert the driver.

19 minutes ago, chimaera said:

The behaviour will be identical in any car that has a bulb out warning system: the lighting system detects inconsistent current draw and raises a warning to alert the driver.

... via the CECM and the CAN-Bus.

How do you think it 'raises' the warning?

But hey, why should we ignore all the major LED bulb manufacturers.

Oh, and leave the foul language on your side of the keyboard where it belongs.

image.png.6308be2c2c9a74b0a017cd0323db1552.png

image.png.f6aea0029b7223dedc997300fda62bfa.png

Edited by silver1011

23 hours ago, sinfulAngel said:

Today I have changed my H8 fog ligts bulb to led one, light and lumen was great but I've got an error code, do you have any advice what can I do for solving this problem.

When you say 'error code' do you mean a fault code that you've read using a fault code reader, or are you referring to the blown bulb warning light on the dash?

image.png.bbee66e8643298fdc5610c4e98d15ef3.png

699141343_DashBulbWarning.thumb.jpg.a795e1080f749e1baa7dcf1eb312c01c.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, djordje48 said:

I am also going to change my H8 halogen fog to H8 LED. Should i choose cree LED or COB or SPOT (newest thingy) with fans? Btw, did you change maybe H7 main beam to some LED? I am pretty satiafied with bixenon and H7 together so probably it has no sense changing H7 to LED...

As you see in my post you can use Cree led it will be more brighter you can reach link below. If you don't want to get a fault code you have to use decoder or resistor. 

TRY 64.96  36%OFF | 2x H8 H11 9005 9006 H16 CREE Chip LED White/Red/Yellow Car Fog Headlight Replacement Bulb DRL Auto Driving Daytime Running Light
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c6WvXOS8

My car's high beam is h3 I'm using osram night breaker unlimited 64151NBU

Main beam or low beam is d1s I'm using that one 

TRY 34.77  31%OFF | RACBOX HID Bulb D1S D1R D2S D2R D3S D3R D4S D4R Xenon HID Lamp Car Globe Light 35W 3000K 4300K 5000K 6000K 8000K 12000K Flashing
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/ciEGJd5e

Edited by sinfulAngel

10 hours ago, silver1011 said:

When you say 'error code' do you mean a fault code that you've read using a fault code reader, or are you referring to the blown bulb warning light on the dash?

image.png.bbee66e8643298fdc5610c4e98d15ef3.png

699141343_DashBulbWarning.thumb.jpg.a795e1080f749e1baa7dcf1eb312c01c.jpg

Yes sir same warning

IMG_20190117_170953.jpg

Edited by sinfulAngel

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

And you definitely used this resistor kit?

image.thumb.png.2f41be30891a2cc34db28827c1d9c731.png

Yes sir I have ordered that one but not apply yet. I have deciced because, I saw that resistor link below. they used h8 led bulb with this resistor for skoda

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Apmatauto-2PCSx-Led-CANbus-H11-H8-Lighting-100W-3030-20SMD-Car-Driving-Fog-Light-Lamp-Bulb/32877157802.html?tt=Copy+to+Clipboard&aff_platform=default&cpt=1547916316885&sk=biHBM3OY&aff_trace_key=94c5c88e08de43e29a9e86829353cc7a-1547916316885-08765-biHBM3OY&terminal_id=46c145ace16245bda2e8eed50f2878af

foggg.JPG

Ah, that's your issue then. I thought you'd already fitted the resistor kit and were still seeing the blown bulb warning.

After you've fitted the resistor kit you should be OK.

Just make sure the resistors are specified to cope with the electrical loads, and as they get hot during use be careful where you mount them.

This relates to the rear lights but you might find some of the content useful...

• Like 2