Multifunction steering wheel adding one to pre-face lift model

P3P5I

Have anybody tried to add a multifunction steering wheel to the pre-face lift model of citigo?

If so, is there anything else needed apart of the steering wheel controls?

I think it's differences in the steering column. There physically isn't the wiring there to do it. I suppose it could be done by a keen DIYer or a dealer for quite a bit of cash.

• Thanks 1

Coding is required for sure. MFSW option needs to be enabled via VAG-COM.

Question is, whether it's a matter of new wiring or the CAN-bus wires are being used for the communication.

So far, accordingly to my research, part number for the buttons only is 5E0919719 C (left & right, although right one is just blank) or 3T0 959 537 E (left only). Additionally, airbag loom maybe required to accommodate MFSW functions (part number tbc) and also if the steering wheel adapter have to be replaced. If your citigo is equipped with adapter with steering wheel sensor (6RA 959 654) there is a possibility that changing of the steering wheel controls won't be needed. It's also tbc.

I'm waiting for the parts numbers from Skoda dealership to be confirmed as the one from the photo is a factory fitted citigo with multifunction steering wheel.

IMG-20190125-WA0000.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, P3P5I said:

Coding is required for sure. MFSW option needs to be enabled via VAG-COM.

Question is, whether it's a matter of new wiring or the CAN-bus wires are being used for the communication.

So far, accordingly to my research, part number for the buttons only is 5E0919719 C (left & right, although right one is just blank) or 3T0 959 537 E (left only). Additionally, airbag loom maybe required to accommodate MFSW functions (part number tbc) and also if the steering wheel adapter have to be replaced. If your citigo is equipped with adapter with steering wheel sensor (6RA 959 654) there is a possibility that changing of the steering wheel controls won't be needed. It's also tbc.

I'm waiting for the parts numbers from Skoda dealership to be confirmed as the one from the photo is a factory fitted citigo with multifunction steering wheel.

IMG-20190125-WA0000.jpg

I like your enthusiasm! I wanna replace my wheel in my SuperB 2009 too. Would you please keep this thread alive with how-tos and price?

Based on slightly outdated version of ETKA, below are results of my findings. So, to my common sense if Your steering adapter is one of the new type, the only thing we would require apart of the steering wheel controls is a wiring harness. when searching for the second hand button, please be carefull as there are many configurations of the steering wheel controls. certain functions are in different places such as lane assist or voice commands. I will be aiming on getting just a basic controls for the phone and radio. Just like for the photo few posts up.

new-2.JPG

I found this https://www.cars-equipment.com/en/shop/multifunction-switches-buttons-6/oem-multifuntion-switches-retrofit-upgrade-for/

Kit contains:

Switches - 5E0919719A

Airbag/Multifunction cable - 5E0971584A

Can Gateway Control Module - 5Q0907530AC

Please note: double check with which airbag wiring your car is equipped as You may not need the whole kit. same thing applies to the control unit. If You have a navigation and You only want to add Multifunction Steering Wheel Controls - control module possibly is already there.

Coding is required to enable Multifunction Steering wheel controls.

Pricing, If You want to change/add leather steering wheel to Your car, get complete steering wheel with buttons from eBay for the same price or less as buttons only. Add airbag harness and control module if needed.

happy days! getting closer to having a MFSW on my citigo. Pictured switch is a # 5E0919719C. Didnt want to LH/RH switches as the "double" ones come with variuos additional options which may not be supported by my ECU/BCM such as lane assist/cruise control.

Somebody on the forum was asking if it is/was difficult to remove steering wheel trim to replace the switch. Trim is just pushed into place, however, main steering wheel body is made out of rubber. as the trim sits very tightly in the steering wheel body a fair amount of mild persuassions is required to pull the trim away.

next step: AirBag Loom and than we will start worrying why its not working lol

oh, anybody can help with understanding below post?

Skoda Citigo MY2017 MFSW

I do understand what option I have to enable, but im not quite sure what LIN nor the number? Im guessing its a connector/terminal reference number.

_20190131_224915.JPG

_20190131_224827.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of the update on the subject.

Got hold of the right wiring loom to support buttons on the steering wheel. For the reference it's part number is 5E0971584A.

Unfortunately for myself, that's the easiest part. Accordingly to my research and as per @Vitasreply there is a need of adding extra wires to the steering column.

On a bright side, one of our colleagues from uk-polos.net have made that conversion and posted a very comprehensive guide on doing so. Link can be found HERE.

My guess would be, that it can be that much difference. This would be my next challenge for my days off work :evilgrin:

Before I will start adding all the required wiring it would be smart to ask if my bcm will support MFSW? I won't be adding any other extras, so as long my bcm will be sufficient to support MFSW I'm quite happy.

Below are details of my current BCM taken out of vcds scan.

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519)       Labels: Redir Fail!
   Part No SW: 1S0 937 090 B    HW: 1S0 937 090 B
   Component: PQ25 BCM      H59 0563   
   Revision: -8------    Serial number: --------------
   Coding: 64B8290000010000000009F42C28ACD07740426F7E820440200000420000
   Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
   VCID: 326BACC96D2F66DA13-8066

And another question worth of asking. Accordingly to the citigo's wiring manual which is available to me, pin 17 on the T73b connector is marked as unassigned? The only 2 other pins showing LIN are pins:

24 LIN 2 roof,

37 LIN alternator.

Is it possible that the wiring diagram is well outdated or if I would connect the extra wire to pin 24 will it also work?

Despite of not being 100% sure if my bcm will support MFSW, I've decided to add necessary wiring.

After removal of steering column trim I was desperately looking for white connector as described in 'how to retrofit MFSW' on polo's forum. To my despair i couldn't find one. After a sleepless night spent on browsing the wiring manual for citigo's I found THIS. On this diagram it clearly shows wiring for the MFSW on our citigo's. So, by following the wire colours from the diagram I've managed to find where the appropriate connector is. It's located on the top left underside, pretty much next to the indicator stalk.

Another difference would be in the pin numbers. As per attached photo:

LIN pin would be no.3 (purple) and +12v would be pin no.4 (red/black).

Today I've run out of daylight as I don't have garage I will resume or at least try to, re-attach added wires at the other end.

_20190218_175502.JPG

_20190218_175621.JPG

Edited by P3P5I

Oh dear! It wont be as easy as would expect. Undoing connectors from the back of the BCM unit was very fiddly
due to a VERY limited space there but doable.

However adding the LIN wire to T73b/PIN 17 looks imposible to me without removing whole BCM of its mount. For ease of access it looks necessary to remove relay holder/fuse box in the driver footwell.

Any ideas? Recommendations?

I have managed to remove BCM unit from behind the relay holder. But despite of gaining bit of free space it is insufficient for me to work on the white plug :(

Luckily for myself, after I have removed BCM i have noticed, that BCM is empty :dull: so even if I would manage to add the wire to the connector ot would not make any difference as its not there... I suppose I need to update my BCM

_20190225_161434.JPG

DSC_4535.JPG

• 2 months later...

Just got reply from Skoda UK Technical Support...

I have discussed your query with our Parts Support Team, and they have advised that unfortunately we are unable to advise regarding retro fitting a multi functional steering wheel to your vehicle. The reason is that this is not a ŠKODA Approved retro fit. I apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

However, I can advise that for all technical information on our vehicles can be obtained via our technical assistance website –

https://erwin.skoda-auto.cz/

This is a pay-to-use site which is utilised by Non-ŠKODA affiliated repair centres and by private individuals who wish to carry out their own vehicle maintenance. The site is always up to date and is maintained by our colleagues at ŠKODA-AUTO in Czech Republic.

This is just unbelievable...

Not much support on VCDS Forum neither. I was told to get auto-scan from genuine software as I will be more likely to get more support. So I did... Until this day nobody came forward with a solution.

It's completely believable - Skoda don't want to help you make your car better or more desirable, they'd rather sell you a new one.

Unfortunately, as you're trying to do something not that many people have, information is always going to be patchy and hard to come by. At a guess, you need to replace the BCM for one with the extra pin and finish the wiring. The BCM you need is probably 1S0937090F. Be warned, you might have some issues with lighting config but I'm not super hot on PQ25 cars. Example BCM on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183186056758

Have you tried contacting danikd as they seem to be retrofitting most things to a Citigo, including a MFSW with a 1S0937090F BCM based on their autoscan in this thread: https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=71456

5 hours ago, langers2k said:

Unfortunately, as you're trying to do something not that many people have, information is always going to be patchy and hard to come by. At a guess, you need to replace the BCM for one with the extra pin and finish the wiring. The BCM you need is probably 1S0937090F. Be warned, you might have some issues with lighting config but I'm not super hot on PQ25 cars.

Im fully aware that in worst case scenario I will have to replace the BCM unit. But the important thing for which one? There is also H available... And mostly thats why I have contacted Skoda as to which BCM I should be upgrading.

Have you tried contacting danikd as they seem to be retrofitting most things to a Citigo, including a MFSW with a 1S0937090F BCM based on their autoscan in this thread: https://uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?t=71456

eh... another forum to sign-on lol I may not have any other options

2 hours ago, P3P5I said:

Im fully aware that in worst case scenario I will have to replace the BCM unit.

I'm 99% certain you need to change the BCM. I can't see any examples of a B rev with a MFSW fitted and given the pin is missing, I can't see how it would work.

A similar example would be a MK2 Octavia with a 'lowline' BCM fitted and the owner wanted front fog lights. They'd need to replace the BCM for a 'highline' with the extra pins needed for the fogs.

2 hours ago, P3P5I said:

And mostly thats why I have contacted Skoda as to which BCM I should be upgrading.

If you gave Skoda a VIN from a Citigo with a factory fitted MFSW they might confirm the BCM part number. I think you'll be hard pushed to get anything more from them.

After a quick google, I've found autoscans suggesting a 1S0 937 090 F, H or J rev BCM all support a MFSW but never a B rev.

Example of a F rev with a MFSW: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?8154-2017-VW-Up-GRA-(CHYA)&p=76029&viewfull=1#post76029

Example of a H rev with a MFSW: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?15697-Coding-support-for-VW-UP-GTi-2018

Example of a J rev with a MFSW: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?15697-Coding-support-for-VW-UP-GTi-2018&p=152366&viewfull=1#post152366

These are all from VW Up's rather than a Citigo.

There is only one obvious scan I can find online for a Citigo with a MFSW and that's from Danikd. They did sign up for ross-tech's forum but as they had a cloned cable, they probably don't use it any more: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?11786-Citigo-City-Emergency-Brake-and-TMPS-retrofit-problem

In another briskoda thread, @danikd has just posted - I'm pretty sure it's the same person based on them having a Citigo and asking about retrofits ;)

Is there anything you can add here Danikd?

@langers2k i have just sent another email to Skoda Technical Support with the enquiry in regards of different BCM versions, B, C, D... And so on. I'm wondering if I will get a bit of a constructive information this time.

@danikd that would be so nice if you could help us here!

I don't Skoda are going to tell you anything, at best, you might find out the PR codes for each.

You need to go the other way round, find a car with the features you want and ideally get an autoscan. You can then use it's VIN to find out what parts it has and which are different to yours.