New Toledo - New B&Ws - New questions

Just taken delivery of a new Toledo which I am well pleased with. I have had Rapids/Toledos in the past but this one has some new toys with which I am not familiar. May I ask a few questions please?

1, Are the LED headlights self levelling and compensate for what ever weight the car is carrying as the means to manually adjust them seems to have disappeared?

2, When the ignition is turned on the front LED DRLs illuminate as do the LED tail lights. Is this normal?

3, I undestand that when reverse gear is selected the rear parking sensors are activated .Does this also activate the front sensors or do they have to be switched on seperately??

1 I dont know but they do raise further at 120 or 130kph for longer range.

2 Yes on the newest ones (I changed mine to do this using Carista).

3 Front sensors are auto too. All stay on till you drive off at speed.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Like 1

On my Toledo the rear lights are not illuminated - note I have not used Carista to make any software changes) .. and when I go under a bridge / tunnel / trees the interior panel lights dim too, which is good as it makes sure I don't drive under day running lights in poor light (all cars with DLR's should do the same)

also, the parking sensors often kick in when in traffic, for instance when joining a queue at traffic lights - or if a pedestrian walks very close past the car!

I still miss the reversing camera I had on my previous car, as I purchased a pre-packaged car at the sensible price I was unable to add the reversing camera or winter pack as options. I have found garages that could fit these for me, but at a high cost that I am not prepared to pay!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Robbydazzler said:

Just taken delivery of a new Toledo which I am well pleased with. I have had Rapids/Toledos in the past but this one has some new toys with which I am not familiar. May I ask a few questions please?

1, Are the LED headlights self levelling and compensate for what ever weight the car is carrying as the means to manually adjust them seems to have disappeared?

2, When the ignition is turned on the front LED DRLs illuminate as do the LED tail lights. Is this normal?

3, I undestand that when reverse gear is selected the rear parking sensors are activated .Does this also activate the front sensors or do they have to be switched on seperately??

1. The LED lights are self levelling - you'll notice them move up and down when starting the car in the dark.

2.  My 2017 Toledo Xcellence is the same - DRL & rear sidelights are on whenever the ignition is on / car running and the headlights / sidelights are off.

3. I find the front parking sensors to be a real pain in traffic, as they appear to be "always on", whereas the rear sensors are only active when reverse gear is selected.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:43, Smileyman said:

On my Toledo the rear lights are not illuminated - note I have not used Carista to make any software changes) .. and when I go under a bridge / tunnel / trees the interior panel lights dim too, which is good as it makes sure I don't drive under day running lights in poor light (all cars with DLR's should do the same)

also, the parking sensors often kick in when in traffic, for instance when joining a queue at traffic lights - or if a pedestrian walks very close past the car!

I still miss the reversing camera I had on my previous car, as I purchased a pre-packaged car at the sensible price I was unable to add the reversing camera or winter pack as options. I have found garages that could fit these for me, but at a high cost that I am not prepared to pay!  

I was wrong, the rear lights are illuminated with the front day running lights .. checked over the weekend! 

• Like 1