just brought a vrs.

1 hour ago, GT0161 said:

No yellow light mate just a random check, i can live with putting £20 of oil in monthly lol 

the oil for me became such a joke in the first four years of owning, even the wife was looking for oil offers in the cash & carry + supermarkets, by the time the oil jets was figured out to be the main culprit, i was well out of warranty.

1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

the oil for me became such a joke in the first four years of owning, even the wife was looking for oil offers in the cash & carry + supermarkets, by the time the oil jets was figured out to be the main culprit, i was well out of warranty.

Oh dear. Then what happened? Is it fixed now? 

11 hours ago, GT0161 said:

Oh dear. Then what happened? Is it fixed now? 

the short version is

1) Oil consumption test @ skoda garage > 0.5L per 621 miles / 1000km considered a fail. I was 1litre!

http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3338-130.html

2) Then the TPI Fixes, Breather Pipe + Intake manifold

3) 'Smaller' Oil Jets from CavD VW Scirroco,

4) Updated software, (which i later remapped 3 months after)

That was 2.5 years ago, and it sorted it. 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2019 at 10:15, Kobayashi said:

Heres the Bill and part no.s for the 'CAVE OIL fixes' and part numbers for future reference.

Parts.png.4644f744a26f625a52bddee8993f77df.png

Awesome this is what i need to fix my fab i love the car and want to keep working restricts my time but hooefully get to skoda this weekend.  

Edited by GT0161

12 hours ago, GT0161 said:

Awesome this is what i need to fix my fab i love the car and want to keep working restricts my time but hooefully get to skoda this weekend.  

Skoda will likely insist on oil consumption test. If out of warranty I think its £75. Also one of the reasons i went ahead is the tech guys in the back told me that they fixed 3 x MK2 VRS the same way. I told the branch in Colne not to rush and they had the car all week (while i had a courtesy from them).  

5 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

Skoda will likely insist on oil consumption test. If out of warranty I think its £75. Also one of the reasons i went ahead is the tech guys in the back told me that they fixed 3 x MK2 VRS the same way. I told the branch in Colne not to rush and they had the car all week (while i had a courtesy from them).  

My vrs was bought from simpsons in colne. I have booked it in for oil consumption i also asked for a waterpump check  he said im looking at about £200 inc vat i have sent you a private message regarding your fix 

Too much money.

What waterpump check are they going to do.   

Changing the Water Pump and the belts needs doing when it needs doing, just inspect the 2 belts.

As to the Oil Consumption test it is something like this.

Only hopefully the Technician knows the weight of the oil.         

?

How much oil exactly is your engine using in a 1,000 miles, or 621 miles by your monitoring?

Paying good money and this test with doing just 186 miles is a joke IMO.

Be sure you are using oil before going down this line. IMO.

As to Simpsons Colne.

Read the Dealer Reviews.  

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/34777-simpsons-colne/?page=4

455a4eee-ff43-4186-9c92-b94363e633a0_zps11333bb7 (2) (2).jpg

Edited by Skoffski

29 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

Too much money.

What waterpump check are they going to do.   

Changing the Water Pump and the belts needs doing when it needs doing, just inspect the 2 belts.

As to the Oil Consumption test it is something like this.

Only hopefully the Technician knows the weight of the oil.         

?

How much oil exactly is your engine using in a 1,000 miles, or 621 miles by your monitoring?

Paying good money and this test with doing just 186 miles is a joke IMO.

Be sure you are using oil before going down this line. IMO.

As to Simpsons Colne.

Read the Dealer Reviews.  

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/34777-simpsons-colne/?page=4

Im not sure what check they will do on the waterpump i just asked if it needed doing anytime soon. Then asked if i would like it checking for peace of mind as its 8 years old and never been done. I agreed he said takes around 30min so will be just a labour charge.

i have no idea on oil usage as iv only just topped it up but i know i did roughly 1200 miles then checked and it didnt even read on the dip stick since then i have topped to full i have it booked in for the 27th feb so will post the consumption from now until then. 

The engine is for sure burning oil im hoping kobayashi gets back to me on his fix as skoda said they had not been aware of this fix and asked if i could source the job number so they can check the details of the fix. 

31 minutes ago, GT0161 said:

Im not sure what check they will do on the waterpump i just asked if it needed doing anytime soon. Then asked if i would like it checking for peace of mind as its 8 years old and never been done. I agreed he said takes around 30min so will be just a labour charge.

i have no idea on oil usage as iv only just topped it up but i know i did roughly 1200 miles then checked and it didnt even read on the dip stick since then i have topped to full i have it booked in for the 27th feb so will post the consumption from now until then. 

The engine is for sure burning oil im hoping kobayashi gets back to me on his fix as skoda said they had not been aware of this fix and asked if i could source the job number so they can check the details of the fix. 

have PM and sent you the full estimate which has all my details on,

I seem to remember dealing with a Tech guy called 'Darren' hopefully the same folk in the 'Tech area' still work there.

Dont bother with the waterpump check at this stage. If you go down the consumption test route they put their own oil in and drain all yours out!

3 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

have PM and sent you the full estimate which has all my details on,

I seem to remember dealing with a Tech guy called 'Darren' hopefully the same folk in the 'Tech area' still work there.

Dont bother with the waterpump check at this stage. If you go down the consumption test route they put their own oil in and drain all yours out!

Ok will bare that in mind and cancel the waysrpump inspection as skoffsi said justfix when it goes? Im heading to stockport to have the oil test done but will probably return to simpsons for the work to be carried out as you said yours has been fine for 3.5 years  i think thats the safest option 

1 minute ago, GT0161 said:

Ok will bare that in mind and cancel the waysrpump inspection as skoffsi said justfix when it goes? Im heading to stockport to have the oil test done but will probably return to simpsons for the work to be carried out as you said yours has been fine for 3.5 years  i think thats the safest option 

been fine for 2.5 years since fixes and still on original waterpump, have sent you what i typed up to the manager of Colne at the time. Good luck, keep us updated

5 minutes ago, Kobayashi said:

been fine for 2.5 years since fixes and still on original waterpump, have sent you what i typed up to the manager of Colne at the time. Good luck, keep us updated

Will do buddy thanks again fir the info 

4 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

@GT0161

What type of employee are you talking to at SKODA that is not aware of Oil Spray Jet replacement on Twincharger Engines.

You must be dealing with some muppet. 

MauMauM.jpg.a730f8af9f11981f15b1387419a3b965.jpg

A team manager apparently  

Skoda tech said 

“They weigh the oil then i drive away for ex amount of miles” im terrible at remembering things due to illness when i take the car for the oil consumption i am go to ask for a full breakdown on paper 

Edited by GT0161

This is what they do.   I wrongly thought when you said they were unaware of The Fix' you meant the Oil Spray Jet upgrade.

So this is how a Oil Consumption test is done,

Except when done right the oil is 857 grams a litre not 1,000 grams in the calculations.

Better is to do an oil and filter change, putting in 3.6 litres of oil, dropping it, weighing it, putting back in, 

sealing the Oil Filler Cap and Dipstick.  Then the owner driving 621 miles, or the 1,242 miles or more, then dropping the oil and weighing it.

& if the Low Oil level or Low Oil Pressure light comes on before 1,242 miles has been driven Skoda Assist have the car recover the car dropping off a courtesy car.

All at VW /Skoda's expense.

Some actually had that.  But only while under Manufacturers Warranty, or Extended Warranty.

Edited by Skoffski

2 minutes ago, Skoffski said:

This is what they do.

Except when done right the oil is 857 grams a litre not 1,000 grams.

Better is to do an oil and filter change, putting in 3.6 litres of oil, dropping it, weighing it, putting back in, 

sealing the Oil Filler Cap and Dipstick.  Then the owner driving 1,242 miles or more, then dropping the oil and weighing it.

& if the Low Oil level or Low Oil Pressure light comes on before 1,242 miles has been driven Skoda Assist have the car recover the car dropping off a courtesy car.

All at VW /Skoda's expense.

Some actually had that.  But only while under Manufacturers Warranty, or Extended Warranty.

Im going to ask them to read this thread to be honest 

• Haha 1

Please do not.  Someone at Skoda UK will read it anyway.

Simpsons have replaced enough engines.   They have had enough failures on cars they sold.

They have replaced engines and overfilled them with oil. 

I hope they read that.

I like when a report is done by a muppet that does not know that H20 and water do not weigh the same.   

Get the Report of the oil use please if you are paying for it.

Edited by Skoffski

Just now, Skoffski said:

Please do not.  Someone at Skoda UK will read it anyway.

Simpsons have replaced enough engines.   They have had enough failures on cars they sold.

I like when a report is done by a muppet that does not know that H20 and water do not weigh the same.   

Get the Report of the oil use please if you are paying for it.

Will do and roger that on the reading 

• Like 1

This was my oil test - see how they crossed out 3680 grams or did they overfill?, i will never know.

Even so i failed the test over the allowed tolerance.

All i can say is Simpsons (Colne) did good work at the time after talking to the engineers i had confidence it could be fixed based on the fact the oil jets had worked on other VRS MK2 - the lead tech im sure was called Darren ?.

Tech engineers' move around as do 'sales reps' might not be same staff now

411325748_OilTest.thumb.jpg.e26e7aca0561fec1202f571063ee7e34.jpg

• Thanks 1

EDIT,

Sorry, my post was Pete Tong, typed the wrong figures.

3.6 litres is 3,085 grams.

Drained at operating temperature, 2,992 grams. 3.5 litres. (3.49 l)

2,088 grams after test drained. 2.43 litres.

This was how the test used to be done.

post-86161-0-54740300-1365682049 (3).jpg

post-86161-0-49942900-1365682152 (3).jpg

Edited by Skoffski
  • Like 1

Just for the record, I have no ill feeling towards Simpsons... What happened to my car happened a long time ago and occurred over a number of months and dealers...

focus fell onto Simpsons as that was the last dealer the car was at before it went bang.

I wouldn’t let that incident put me off them in future if I ever returned to the Brand.

from my point of view, all is forgotten.

EM

• Like 1