VCDS Throttle Response Tweak

35 minutes ago, ettlz said:

Yes, I'd be interested to know if this removes the pedal dead-zone or the annoying rev boost when the clutch pedal is lifted.

See also:

Ill be getting it done tomorrow, along with auto locking doors at 10mph (and auto unlock when turning ignition off)

The rev boost is anti-stall btw, i quite like how it holds it consistently at 1750 rpm, makes it much easier to balance the clutch for a smooth launch. Had a citigo courtessy car which didnt have that feature and setting off quite often felt lungy or the engine wasnt high enough and it dumped rpms and juddered away.

8 hours ago, FabiaGonzales said:

Ill be getting it done tomorrow, along with auto locking doors at 10mph (and auto unlock when turning ignition off)

The rev boost is anti-stall btw, i quite like how it holds it consistently at 1750 rpm, makes it much easier to balance the clutch for a smooth launch. Had a citigo courtessy car which didnt have that feature and setting off quite often felt lungy or the engine wasnt high enough and it dumped rpms and juddered away.

Will be interested to hear your experiences once the setting is applied!

Update; It does indeed work on the Fabia MK3, the security code was different to the picture. It was defaulted to the "gradual over time" option, changed it across and it works great. The car feels a little more smooth when setting off, it's more predictable and consistent with the throttle. The one thing i will say, is that it pronounces the Turbo Lag even more, as if you stamp on it you get a nice sharp instant response, but kinda weak from lack of boost, then .5 seconds later the turbo decides to kick in. Before it was smoothened out a little more. I'm unsure if the amount of turbo lag my car has is normal though as it's very pronounced. Stamping on it in 2nd at 35 feels like you were in 4th for a moment until the turbo kicks in.

I also enabled needle-sweeping too, along with refuel quantity, kinda nice little addition.

Had a couple of stored DTCs which were cleared, one for "impossible indicator stick position", one for "can bus current over expected normal", and one from when i swapped the headlight bulbs.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, leantw1ce said:

Hi @FabiaGonzales,

I am trying to activate the same mod for my Fabia Montecarlo and I can't validate the adaptation because the security code doesn't work for me. Could you please provide me with the code that worked for you?

Thanks!

The VCDS code is suggested by the software when you click on the box to enter the code. Can’t remember what it was for me and i cant find out, as i borrowed the kit from someone nearby.

• 2 months later...
On 12/02/2019 at 17:27, FabiaGonzales said:

The VCDS code is suggested by the software when you click on the box to enter the code. Can’t remember what it was for me and i cant find out, as i borrowed the kit from someone nearby.

I cant activate mine either :(

Can be activated on Carista. I’ve got it on for the time being. Gives far more throttle response and a seemingly faster pull off the line. 

Edit: that might only be on the Beta version - I’ll let them know it works. 

Edited by Benz3ne

• 3 months later...