Original Tyre Fitment

Apprentice

The tyres fitted on my Karoq SE 1.5TSI manual MY19 wk50 build which I collected at the end of January are of the size 215x55x17R V 94 , the manufacturer is Hankook and the product name is Ventus Prime 3 (K125).

It will be interesting to see how they perform on the Karoq over time.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Apprentice said:

The tyres fitted on my Karoq SE 1.5TSI manual MY19 wk50 build which I collected at the end of January are of the size 215x55x17R V 94 , the manufacturer is Hankook and the product name is Ventus Prime 3 (K125).

It will be interesting to see how they perform on the Karoq over time.

They should be fine, Hankook Ventus Prime 2  were supplied as standard equipment on quite a few Mercedes and BMW vehicles.

Edited by Breezy

@Apprentice

It will be interesting to hear how they are in the future as they wear.

?

How are they right now from collecting the car? What was the tyre pressures they had set at the PDI and have you changed them?

?

Did you have any snow in the time you have had your new car and how have the tyres performed?

I had Hankook Ventus Prime 2 on my previous car (SEAT Leon ST 1.6TDi DSG) and I found them to be grippy and lasted well (25K on front, rears still going at 47K when car was returned). I wanted to replace them with Prime 3 but the lease company insisted on Continentals.. I certainly was very happy with them and they had more 'performance' than I needed. Rubbish in the snow even by summer tyre standards though.

@ Skoffski

The tyres felt a liitle hard once I drove on the rural A & B class roads but seemed smooth enough and less noisy when driving on the motorways.

The four cold tyre pressures according to my guage when I checked them after the first part of the journey i.e. after collecting the Karoq from the dealer were 2.6 bar

The recommended pressure is 2.2 bar which I changed them to and the noise and was less noticeable (subjective) on the second part of the journey home.

There was a little fresh snow on the journey home for about 20 miles from East to West but only an inch and at most two and I drove around 40mph most of the time when on it, I can say I didn't have any issues driving in that depth of fresh snow but then I didn't have to make a stop for any other vehicles, junctions etc. etc..

Edited by Apprentice
typo

8 hours ago, Luckypants said:

I had Hankook Ventus Prime 2 on my previous car (SEAT Leon ST 1.6TDi DSG) and I found them to be grippy and lasted well (25K on front, rears still going at 47K when car was returned). I wanted to replace them with Prime 3 but the lease company insisted on Continentals.. I certainly was very happy with them and they had more 'performance' than I needed. Rubbish in the snow even by summer tyre standards though.

Why did they insist on continentals. If you put like for like on as you got it i don't see a problem as you didn't insist on continentals when you got it

13 hours ago, skoda1982 said:

Why did they insist on continentals. If you put like for like on as you got it i don't see a problem as you didn't insist on continentals when you got it

I don't know. It was a 'fully maintained' lease car, so I had to take to their supplier for tyres to be fitted (Kwik-fit). I really had no choice what to fit, it was either Continental or Michelin and Kwik-fit had the Continentals in stock. So on a fully maintained lease you basically take what you are given.

1 hour ago, Luckypants said:

I don't know. It was a 'fully maintained' lease car, so I had to take to their supplier for tyres to be fitted (Kwik-fit). I really had no choice what to fit, it was either Continental or Michelin and Kwik-fit had the Continentals in stock. So on a fully maintained lease you basically take what you are given.

Never had a 'fully maintained' lease, on my private lease it just states that the tyres must be rated the same, on my last car I had to change the fronts before returning it and put budget ones on, was Ok with the lease company.

I've got 17's on my Karoq (Mar '18), Bridgestones I believe, great in the dry, pretty shocking in the wet to be honest.